• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thom's BBQ is Sunday the 6th

Re: Re: Thom's BBQ is Sunday the 6th

Jim, the gentleman at the top of the photo, died this past year. We missed him at CO fest.

Jim died??? When did this happen? Great guy seen him/wheeled with him and led him around many fall flings.

Some kind of sudden brain thing last spring, I think. Lynn gave me the details, but I don't remember. We're going to put something in the In Memorium thread when we get it together, or someone else could take the lead. Flores and I haven't gotten anywhere with it.

Shitty sucks to hear that! Won't be the same this FF seeing Lynn without him.

If I had the time I'd offer to do it but I don't right now.

At least he's at he's got the company of lion to wander with R.I.P.

Damn. I was looking forward to seeing Jim and Lynn again. I'll always remember the look on their faces when Jim did an inadvertent nose stand and he was able to gas out of it.

Tara and I will be at Slickrock on Friday. We will stop over, tip a couple and meet you guys.

John

Last edited:
Jim, the gentleman at the top of the photo, died this past year. We missed him at CO fest.

Jim was always friendly, good guy.

Sorry to hear that..... My condolences to his family; he will be missed.
Over the years I have done quite a few trails with him.....
Last year I stopped off on the side of the road to offer assistance after Jim and Lynn had a really bad BLOW OUT while coming back from the trail.

Myself, Forewheeler, Pat, and RedHeep may be there...

All depends on how well travel goes on Saturday and Sunday...

mac 'best commitment I can make' gyvr

Depends on the mood...but it is a person lol

His wife will be in tow as well...also a person lol

mac 'my wife doesn't fly in til monday' gyvr

Thanks for the replys so I plan enough, Do I plan hot dogs or oil for RedHeep, guy or rig?

It's 9 hours in on Sunday, so we should be there at 6 or 7, as long as everything goes as planned.

Thom ! long time no see! (deer valley years ago...)

ill be stopping by to say hi and bring some beer and stuff over...

Thom ! long time no see! (deer valley years ago...)

ill be stopping by to say hi and bring some beer and stuff over...
Great you'll be there, I remember, You can bring anything else you'd like to put on my grill but I'll have plenty of hot dogs & chips. Actually, I usually hand out dogs to planning challanged guys for days afterword.

Party with JJ....

:party:

tom i'll see you at your old #66 spot. Fill you in on what happen to Jim. Very sudden & unexpected. A glioblastom. Less than 30 days from the diagnosis till Jim was promoted out of here. Lynn

tom i'll see you at your old #66 spot. Fill you in on what happen to Jim. Very sudden & unexpected. A glioblastom. Less than 30 days from the diagnosis till Jim was promoted out of here. Lynn

No recovery from a glio. Be great to see you.

Re: Re: Thom's BBQ is Sunday the 6th

Wow! Once again sorry to hear.

Be good to see you again Lynn.

looking forward to seeing everyone!

If all goes as planned I'll be there on Saturday and join you on Sunday evening.

Back