• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This Saturday - Pizza Beer and Reward!!

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
This Saturday I would like to get my XJ ready for Johnson Valley...

I am offering all the pizza you can eat and beer, soda or Water you can drink to help get it ready...

I need to:
> Swap a steering box
> Possibly install a currie steering sytem (if it comes in)
> install a new rear bumper
> find the vacuum leak in the system
> find the leak in the air system **

** $20 for the person who can find the air leak in the OBA system... I have checked the fittings with soapy water and cant find it... the pump goes off every 11 minutes... very annoying...

here

I would come help you out...but I'm still trying to get mine ready for JV:)
Last week...Detroit
Last weekend...Gas skid
This weekend...Tcase Skid and Rock sliders.

Good luck!

IMORTL said:
This Saturday I would like to get my XJ ready for Johnson Valley...

I am offering all the pizza you can eat and beer, soda or Water you can drink to help get it ready...

I need to:

> find the leak in the air system **

** $20 for the person who can find the air leak in the OBA system... I have checked the fittings with soapy water and cant find it... the pump goes off every 11 minutes... very annoying...

here

If you have quick connect fittings for the fill hose check them, especially if they aren't new.

thanks DZ...

Desert... the whole system is new.. but even though i check then with soapy water i still dont trust them... The ARB servo uses one also... should o worry about that? or is it just because of the pump vibration that the quick connect doesnt work well???

Ken

IMORTL said:

here

ARB Air Pump?

no
QA2 and 2.5 gallon tank with Air hose connect, pressure gague, ARB Solinoid, drain valve and on/off pressure gague

IMORTL said:
no
QA2 and 2.5 gallon tank with Air hose connect, pressure gague, ARB Solinoid, drain valve and on/off pressure gague

Do you have a check valve between the compressor and everything else?

Mike R

MJR said:
Do you have a check valve between the compressor and everything else?

Mike R

check valve is the one that measures the pressure and turns it on and off? it is located on a T with the air gage on the other end of the T...

let me get a pic...

IMORTL said:
check valve is the one that measures the pressure and turns it on and off? it is located on a T with the air gage on the other end of the T...

let me get a pic...

A check valve prevents air from bleeding back through the compressor when it is off.

Mike R

that sounds like that may be a problem...

thanks for your help... If it fixes it the $20 is yours...
ken

Back