• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The worst possible sound.......

the drugs help a little with the fun :D

Ramsey said:
the drugs help a little with the fun :D

after watching me wheel around my house high outta my mind on oxycontin my mom thought it was time to switch to 6 ibuprofins instead of 1 OC...it made for no pain but i didnt have the fun feeling...

and its worse on your liver

chelms27 said:
My head went through the bullet proof windshield of one of the military A2 HUMVEE's a few years ago when my buddy decided to drive into a huge hole while I was reading a map. It actually didn't hurt, and for any of you military guys out there, no I didn't have a kevlar helmet on!

You mean your head hit the windshield? I don't know about a few years ago but the windows in the HUMVEE's now your head wouldn't even crack the window. I hate the stupid Army rule about kevlar in HMV's but I guess I know why now, lol. Glad to hear everybody in this is ok, Chicks Dig Scars.

My worst sound that I've heard are mortars, especially after I found out that the three landed 150meters away from our fuel depot. That wouldn't have been fun.

Tyler

old_man said:
I have a new worst sound you never want to hear. Try welding upside down under your rig. Picture a piece of hot slag falling, hitting your ear, bouncing once, then starting to spiral down your ear canal, all the time you hear this sickening sizzling sound as it goes around and around.

Damn, I didn't know this old body could move so fast.

So whats your worst sound?
That's happened to me so many times it's not even funny...I don't think I've ever whinned about it on a public forum though...:rattle:

icon10.gif

The worst sound ?
Hmmm, 'I'm from the govt and I'm here to help you'

The second worse sound, adjusting mortars shooting from behind you over your head and hearing the sound of a short charge hoping it was not the center tube directly behind you.

The sound of the cat releasing the jet before you're back in the catwalk (was only about 1/2 way out from under the wing in fact) was a bad one for me. Did a head first slide into the catwalk and the no-skid wore thru everything except my t-shirt. My SSgt said I looked like a blur leaving a brown messy trail behind me. :laugh3:

Sarge

Sarge said:
The sound of the cat releasing the jet before you're back in the catwalk (was only about 1/2 way out from under the wing in fact) was a bad one for me. Did a head first slide into the catwalk and the no-skid wore thru everything except my t-shirt. My SSgt said I looked like a blur leaving a brown messy trail behind me. :laugh3:

Sarge
now that you mention it, a really bad sound is when the F110 GE 404 gives way on cat 4 in AB during a HI power turn and you are the first thing the debris will reach after the engine bay doors are shredded. you hear the rumble of augment then a shredding sound as the #2 and #3 compressor blades begin the centrivicalforce propeled ( sp? ) flight towards any thing in the plane of rotation through the doors toward ...............you!! the scars have faded and the pain is gone but i have some titanium in me too, its just not fastened to any thing. love the navy doctors.

Last edited:
Dude...there's a lot of BIG fish in the river right now with the spawn. Hooked into one last week and it ran right at me and almost hit my shin. Then took off upstream so I ran up the bank and started chasing it. Looked like a damn submarine. Kept both flies after it broke off. I'll take some ribbing from you all for that action. :laugh3:

should have dove in with a pocket knife, real mean dont use reels.

these are all worse than mine, but it still haunts me.

when i was learning how to weld i would get a peice of plate and cover it with beads till it was red hot to practice. i was wearing these cheep thin polyester pants. i tried to pick up the peice of metal with the pliers and droped it in my lap! the pants were instantly melted and the sound of the sizzle of my skin in just the .5 second it took me to stand up i will allways remember. i guess im lucky though, as it hit my leg. i dont even want to think about if it had hit more in the center of my lap, seeing as how it was a warm day i was going commando. :scared:

Somehow I get the feeling you whiners don't really know what a burn is like. I promise there was lots of noise on this day, 5 1/2 years ago.

ewwface_WEB.jpg

Awwww, my first manicure....

pampered_WEB.jpg

OK, who's next?

I've got some pictures of an external fixator on my leg, lot of metal sticking out, but i'm gonna say that is a little worse. My mom didnt let my grandma take pictures of the bones coming out, too bad i wish i had those.

i dont have pics because my parents wernt allowed to take them but my face looked like urs SCW except filled with glass and plastic..but totally torn apart with a little of my head caved in from the a pillar...now i have a metal plate and cant feel the left side of my head great for fights:laugh3:

how r u doing after that?

I have some pix of me in a halo clamp, thumb screws and all. I wish I had a way to scan my Xrays. I have more hardware and screws in my neck than most lift kits. I even have a titanium zip tie in there.

old_man said:
I have some pix of me in a halo clamp, thumb screws and all. I wish I had a way to scan my Xrays. I have more hardware and screws in my neck than most lift kits. I even have a titanium zip tie in there.

Please dont take this as rude....but with metal in ur body replacing parts that once were how is it when u get older? ive only had this bionicness for a year and its not even done healing so i dont kno how it will do...all i know is people werent kidding when they said id be able to feel weather changes...

Arthritis is a bitch! I'll be broke down by my 40s, but hey science is advancing in leaps and bounds. Were ages ahead of where we were 20 years ago, as far as hip replacements go, and 20 years from now who knows what will come.

Ramsey said:
Arthritis is a bitch! I'll be broke down by my 40s, but hey science is advancing in leaps and bounds. Were ages ahead of where we were 20 years ago, as far as hip replacements go, and 20 years from now who knows what will come.

ya i guess i'll be right there with you

all i have to say, and im sure you feel this too...its so great to walk again, I dont give a flying #### if I never can run again or any of that. Its nice to have my legs back and to be able to walk around

Back