• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Official CraigsList Thread...

Peter would know for sure.

Wrong shade of purple for Purple Is The New Chrome. It actually looks anodized, not rattle can, but since I don't see any other purple or plum on the Jeep it actually reduces the final price. It was a $15,100 MJ before.

I knew you'd know.

;)

I am wondering why it has a new plate if he was the original owner. Probably nothing to worry about, but it does make me wonder.

Except for the gray interior it looks like mine did in 2001. Still has more miles, though. Too bad it's not a '99.

If it is a CA car, you'd have to put in the vin to get info about previous smogs with previous plate numbers.

Really? I’ve used that tool many times when browsing craigslist. It’s a great tool, I think many sellers don’t know about it. I’ve found some ugly smog test histories.

Typically the ones with no history have come from out of state.

Really? I’ve used that tool many times when browsing craigslist. It’s a great tool, I think many sellers don’t know about it. I’ve found some ugly smog test histories.

Typically the ones with no history have come from out of state.

Agreed, I use it ALWAYS when buying a car. It is annoying that it doesn't cross reference the current plate with previous plates, but if you use the vin it will give you a complete history.

What's with the DS coil spring not to mention that spindly looking front axle.

97+ fenders and hood won't fit without that dip stick mod.

97+ fenders and hood won't fit without that dip stick mod.

If it's an AW4, does the trans dipstick also have to be swapped to 97+? Or do you need to use a 98+ dipstick to avoid connector issues?

David Bricker / SYR - YOL

That's right David, I forgot about the connectors.

Wait, were we talking about the oil dipstick, the trans dipstick, or the dipstick behind the wheel?

David Bricker / SYR - PHL

Back