• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The new Adventure Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought about it as well, but I already have a big hole in my roof :anon:
You will need a cage, do that first, and try the hammock routine. Then you will have plenty of time to do the top right. (That top would be 10x sweeter if someone did the glass work)

So over the holiday I was able to take a trip for 5 days up to Monterey Bay & Santa Cruz!

Of note in the build is that I replaced the entire exhaust system excluding catalytic converter. Appears the original owner put the wrong muffler on it as well. Now it sounds perfect since I had previously put a hole in it in Mojave! It was also crushed and dented in areas affecting flow.
I also got my motor mounts replaced as Mojave claimed those as well. When I hit the big rock, it bent my motor crossbar and then destroyed the motor mounts. One used crossbar and mounts later and the van shifts even better than ever and no vibes or clunking into gear!
Lastly, I splurged and got the van a Christmas gift... 4 new Bilstein shocks! Yup, they ride NICE. No wonder they call them the best of the best for the van!

So over the holiday I was able to take a trip for 5 days up to Monterey Bay & Santa Cruz!

Of note in the build is that I replaced the entire exhaust system excluding catalytic converter. Appears the original owner put the wrong muffler on it as well. Now it sounds perfect since I had previously put a hole in it in Mojave! It was also crushed and dented in areas affecting flow.
I also got my motor mounts replaced as Mojave claimed those as well. When I hit the big rock, it bent my motor crossbar and then destroyed the motor mounts. One used crossbar and mounts later and the van shifts even better than ever and no vibes or clunking into gear!
Lastly, I splurged and got the van a Christmas gift... 4 new Bilstein shocks! Yup, they ride NICE. No wonder they call them the best of the best for the van!
Sounds like you need to find a fabricator to make you some skids :D

Haha @ Max. Monday: Rice, Tuesday: pasta, Wednesday: dinner at parents...and a $13,000 grad school bill due next week. Thank god for government loans!

I have Saturday classes until late Feb so I can save $ that way. Might do an overnight to SB hotsprings or Angeles Crest, but nothing major.

A couple updates:

Jeep vs Vanagon: Here's my blog post about it

A road trip to Carmel Valley

Below is a pic of the fuse panel I installed to power my accessories:
photo%252812%2529.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back