• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The new 2014 Cherokee......

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Ugh.

k-bigpic.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/2014-jeep-cherokee-this-is-it-335476306?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Richard G

Just when you think Fiat can't screw up the Jeep line any more, they take it to a whole nutha level.......

I dig the bright red tow hooks protruding from the lower facia......as if to say "You're gonna need these, so we made them really easy to find"

It's just a rebadged compass or Liberty. Don't know why you are all moaning and groaning. They have been making this same vehicle for several years. It just has a new nose and a different name.

Sorry. I didn't mean it literally. Just meant that jeep has been building the compass, liberty, patriot type vehicles for years. This one isn't any worse than they are. People are only freaking out over the name and even that's silly. The Liberty has been a Cherokee overseas since it came out in 02.

Sorry. I didn't mean it literally. Just meant that jeep has been building the compass, liberty, patriot type vehicles for years. This one isn't any worse than they are. People are only freaking out over the name and even that's silly. The Liberty has been a Cherokee overseas since it came out in 02.

Gotcha. I think the revulsion for this one (at least for me), is that they aren't even trying to make it look like a Jeep. Granted, it never was/will be anything more than a bulky 4WD car, but the new one just looks like a complete bastard. The last models at least looked like Jeeps.

Gotcha. I think the revulsion for this one (at least for me), is that they aren't even trying to make it look like a Jeep. Granted, it never was/will be anything more than a bulky 4WD car, but the new one just looks like a complete bastard. The last models at least looked like Jeeps.

I dunno. Remember the fist Compass? The only thing that resembled a jeep was the roundish headlights. This one has a 7 slot grill.

It's not for me but in the cute ute market I don't think it's as bad as most.

Yeah, I thought they at least looked like someone shrank a Grand, but I suppose both that and the new Cherokee are aimed at that demographic. It's probably stupid to think Jeep would even care about selling a new Cherokee that would appeal to a bunch of fools driving modified station wagons, when they're trying to sell JKs.

These are such a disappointment. I can kinda dig the look except for the front end is absolutely hideous. I have have had my XJ for 10 years got it when I was 16 and now this is what is going to become of the legendary line. The worst part is I am Jeep salesman so I have to sell these and act excited about it!

The newest Jeep I will ever own is my 09 Hemi Commander. I love the XK. It would be the perfect Jeep if it were SFA(and that might be in the plans for mine:idea:)

It's just a rebadged compass or Liberty. Don't know why you are all moaning and groaning. They have been making this same vehicle for several years. It just has a new nose and a different name.

Rebadged Alfa, if you want to be technical.

ku-large.jpg

I like the idea of it, and I think its a GOOD idea bringing back the cherokee name. However I don't think that front end is something anyone can agree looks good. It looks like a Kia and The Predator had a child.

Back