• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Hey guys, I'm back driving a pile of trash again...

98 XJ 4.0l 5 Speed

Long Story Short: Picked it up cheap with an engine knock. Did rod and main bearings and noise is still there. Sets a Cylinder 2 Misfire code now. Ran a cylinder leak-down test and found the Intake valve not seating. Tried cleaning the carbon and lapping it back to the head in the vehicle (Cordless drill on the valve stem and lapping compound through the spark plug hole, Roadkill Style). Won't come around, valve looks fine, I'm thinking the valve seal in the head is roasted.

I have two cylinder heads sitting here; an 0630 head and a 7120 head. Someone tell me which one I should bother going through to slap back on?

Use whatever is in better condition. https://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=241

Since you are late 90s the hole for the gauge temp sender is irrelevant anyways, and they are otherwise identical as far as I can tell. Some people think 7120s are better, but I have never seen conclusive proof.

Your guys' traffic up here sucks. Hit Mass Pike to 95 to 93 right around 5:30 and crawled for 45 damn minutes to Quincy from there. :mad:

Back up at the good ol' Marriott for another week of business presentations and training.

Your guys' traffic up here sucks. Hit Mass Pike to 95 to 93 right around 5:30 and crawled for 45 damn minutes to Quincy from there. :mad:

Back up at the good ol' Marriott for another week of business presentations and training.

Not only terrible timing for work traffic, there's also a Pat's game tonight so it adds that much more to the area.

The funny thing was, yesterday the roads were actually noticeably more clear than normal at that time.

...and my neighbor just tagged me in a stupid Facebook for-sale group regarding a 2-door full-size cherokee for sale 20 miles south of my house for $700, with title. :( I talked to the guy selling it and told him I'd be back this weekend to take a look at it, but I understand if it goes away before then...we'll see what happens.

Ya definitely double dipped bullshit slinging on this thread. Glad to be a part of this now. Been outta the forums and jeepless for years. Love the scene and the hours I randomly was on forums aloof from reality...:compwork:
And once again scored some mad cheapo XJ for twofiddy lookin forward to building it with my son again!

Back