• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Roof Related Subjects Thread

Snapped the nut in my uniframe for the cross member studs. Advice? I don't want to pull the cross member apart because it has a 44 bolted to it lol.

Snapped the nut in my uniframe for the cross member studs. Advice? I don't want to pull the cross member apart because it has a 44 bolted to it lol.

One of those stock unirail nuts?
Those are garbage anyway but you should be able to drill it out and re-tap it to a little larger size. Otherwise most of use welded in new ones with frame stiffeners.

Did this with the stock cross member so welded in larger nuts (forget what size) when I put in the HD cross member/ skid Ross built. Broke the weld on one of those after not cleaning the inside of the rail too well and just re welded it today. Frame stiffeners definitely help you get better penetration.

Lock the hubs, pull the rear shaft, and drive it. See what happens.

Took it up to 70 going down to crown today without the rear shaft and it's definitely related to the rear. There were some mild vibes under hard acceleration in 3rd and 4th gear but they are pretty much unnoticeable cruising in 5th. Gonna order some 6 degree shims and swap out the stinky fab mount for the one from crown that was in previously after this weekend and see if that helps. Something tells me the t case is sitting a little too high and the angle at the double cardigan is whats causing it.

Think it'll do any damage to the 241 driving in FWD just for a couple days to get to F&F?

Thanks guys. I will try to drill it out and tap it. I have hd off-road stiffeners on it.

cut a flap/hole in floor, burn out the old nut, weld a new nut to a piece of plate, weld plate to the inside of the unirail, weld floor back up, profit

It's what I did when i snapped one of the weld nuts loose

Bruh!

I'm thinking I may have to do a substantial price drop soon, I would've thought the car would be long gone.

Put it on CL & mention it isn't street legal and you'll have the weirdos coming out of the woodwork wanting it. None of them will have anything in cash close to what you want or something even remotely useful to trade but at least your inbox will be full.

Put it on CL & mention it isn't street legal and you'll have the weirdos coming out of the woodwork wanting it. None of them will have anything in cash close to what you want or something even remotely useful to trade but at least your inbox will be full.

On CL, and I even have the word "trade" in my ad, but maybe I'm missing the mark because I'm looking for an F body, and none of their owners can read.

Back