• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Depending on logistics I'd be interested in something like this. Any firsthand experience with that machine?

no idea. It's the generic Cut 50 that everyone is rebadging and selling.
I'll lay my hands on one after the crawl. If it's good I'll post up. You can buy them from the same dude on ebay for $340 shipped. I looked at the 110V models, and while that seems cool since I could take it just about aywhere I decided that the duty cycle of the 220 unit was where I wanted to be. I'm going to have to install 220 in my buddy's garage so I can use my welder anyway. He gets garage upgrades, I get a place to work on and store my big ugly box.
It's the frame side hangers. I'm either going to build a flip kit or some sliders for it to give it a 2" lift and then match it up front with new keys.

Ford?
just do the hangers with factory parts. lifting tow rigs is dumb.

"danger ranger"

I saw one the other day that had a giant hump in the bed where the spring had been making sweet love to the underside.

Dodges do it too, and the ****ing bolts are hidden, ask Jay about those amazing mounts. He had to pull the bed off to get at them.

Dodges do it too, and the ****ing bolts are hidden, ask Jay about those amazing mounts. He had to pull the bed off to get at them.

and break all those bolts? F that. I'd have cut a hole and through a rubber mat over it when I was done.

I have to say, one thing ford got right on the ranger is the bed mount bolts, they used clipnuts. You can buy a full set of new bolts and nuts on rockauto for a pretty reasonable amount. No studs, no weldnuts, no tapped holes... all "seized? Cut it in half and throw it out" design hardware.

I can't wait to year your ballistic joint symphony going down the trail tomorrow.

I could care less about the jeep, I was changing fluids and filters on the Dodge. I wanted to grease everything up.

For those that like the RoadKill show there is a new series. Not as good and some product placement but same hosts.

not as good and some product placement is the understatement of the century.

it was barly more tolerable than trucks or xtreme 4x4. I think The only reason I liked it at all is because I like the hosts already from roadkill.

For all you phone people. I went to Verizon yesterday because I'm up for an upgrade, and my current phone has Alzheimers and forgets what it is in the middle of doing sometimes. Also the screen is cracked. I was trying to decide between the HTC One M8, the Samsung G5, and the Droid Maxx. Most likely going with the Maxx due to battery life.

My question is, I'm still on an unlimited data plan, which they don't allow you to renew. The only way to keep it is to buy a new phone outright, then activating it on my line. I've seen so many people talking about ways to keep the unlimited, but the guy showed me a chart showing I only use 1-2gb per month. They have a deal going on currently so the phone would be $99, and they also are giving away a free verizon 4G LTE tablet, all you pay is monthly fee which is $10 or less. I'm on my parent's family plan, and my line is $49 per month, they are about $55-59 per month with the data plans.

TL;DR
Buy ~$500 phone to keep unlimited, or switch to data plan and get upgrade for additional 2 year contract for $99, monthly fee goes up $5-$10, plus free tablet for additional ~$10 month.

Originally the guy at verizon told me it was going to be $40 monthly fee, plus $50 per month for the 2gb data, totaling $90. He wasn't quite sure what to say when I did the math with him and told him I could save almost $500 by keeping my current plan and buying the phone somewhere else.

But when I got home and looked at what all the other lines were paying ($10 month plus $30 for 2gb, my dad works for the state so we get discounts), it is less of a no brainer.

One thing I can think of is if I get a place in the future, I could use the phone as my internet instead of paying for Comcast. I'm sure the data usage would go up then.

Back