• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

My dad was telling me that it's busier now, new project started and no more 9/80. Is that affecting you too?

EDIT: Good to meet you Scott, now get the Jeep going and come wheeling!

Likewise. If the damn thing would stop dying on me maybe I'd actually spend some time working on it rather than being pissed at it and working on the car instead.

Hopefully the CAs will get me going well enough for the time being and I can get out sometime soon. Granted that's assuming I either A) find a new job or B) don't get laid off in the next week or two like I half expect might be happening. :laugh3:

he didn't tell me that part. :laugh: So it's already behind schedule and over budget. Awesome.

Anyone want to help me pick up a giant welder tonight or tomorrow. I have the tow truck but it's like 700 pounds and he doesn't have a fork lift.

Thats well under what I've lifted with the MJ crane.

Thats well under what I've lifted with the MJ crane.

I can only imagine the impression I would leave showing up with your comanche and a tow truck and watching you drop my new 700 pound welder from 6 feet in the air off the side of my dad's nice tow truck.

just put it on some rolls and winch it up on the deck

That's the plan, I'm waiting to hear back from the guy. Hopefully I can do it tomorrow either in the early morning or afternoon after I go pick up and drop off a car. I was thinking just use pipes, I think you said you did that. And just winch it carefully and hope I don't tip it over. Strap it down and then get back to the shop and then ???

I have no idea how I'll move it around the shop. Floor jacks? I've never moved something this heavy around that didn't have wheels or possibly enough space for a floor jack to get under it.

I can easily move it aroumd for you. getting on and off the tow truck are easy, moving it aroumd is tougher without the right tools. ill be in nh til sunday, but I can help you after I get back if you need it

I can easily move it aroumd for you. getting on and off the tow truck are easy, moving it aroumd is tougher without the right tools. ill be in nh til sunday, but I can help you after I get back if you need it

I'm hoping it will just slide off the deck when I get it back to the shop if I just let the winch out. If I can plop it on the floor somewhere out of the way I can borrow a fork lift from up the street. I think I can do it myself, but I don't know for sure. I've got my dad, but he's got his broken ankle, which is fine but he hasn't been lifting 700 pounds around either.

he didn't tell me that part. :laugh: So it's already behind schedule and over budget. Awesome.

Yep. Boeing blew it multiple times over.

Raytheon is the only one who has produced a proven, working system that this will be based off of.

That's about all I can get into on it.

But they were dumb to give it to Boeing in the first place.

I'm hoping it will just slide off the deck when I get it back to the shop if I just let the winch out. If I can plop it on the floor somewhere out of the way I can borrow a fork lift from up the street. I think I can do it myself, but I don't know for sure. I've got my dad, but he's got his broken ankle, which is fine but he hasn't been lifting 700 pounds around either.

Why not get some casters and slap together a quick cart or dolly out of scrap? I know it's not the cheapest option but long term it's going to be the easiest and you'd only have to borrow the forklift once to get it on there. That's what Danny's welder is on and it works pretty mint.

What machine did you buy?

Back