• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

oh.

IMG_0687.JPG

I am a pirate.

TNT Y-link is considered pretty decent, right?

Just want to make sure there's nothing else I should be looking at before I place an order tomorrow morning.

images

Yes, it's good. But so are other set ups... 3 links seem to be all the rage these days, just for the record. Depends what your requirements are, how much you want to fabricate, and how much time you have.

Last edited:

id do the rk 3 link or clayton 3 link or poly performance 3link before tnt, if i was to do it all over it be a tucked up midarm

Yeah this shit again. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting any options.

As for the 'how much you want to fab' part... I have most of the shit to make my own 3-link... I just realized I suck at the whole getting shit done part of working on my POS and decided to just buy a kit for the time being. I may decide to sell whatever I buy in a year or two and build something myself, but for now I just want to get it over with. I've been driving the Jeep damn near everywhere lately and just want to get it highway-ready again ASAP.

I was looking at the clayton 3 link earlier today. Maybe I'll give that (along with the RK 3 link) another check.

Girlfriend's car was 1.5qts low on tranny fluid. No leaks, nothing funny about it after letting it run for a good 30 minutes. Coolant smells like coolant but is red. Not gross red, nice clear red. I can flush it out and put green and see if it turns red again but what a XXXXing pain. I have no idea if it was red all along but when I've seen atf make it's way into the radiator the coolant looked gross not a nice clearish red. What a gay annoying car. Also why would people make red coolant in the first place so to make this so much XXXXing harder.

Yeah this shit again. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting any options.

As for the 'how much you want to fab' part... I have most of the shit to make my own 3-link... I just realized I suck at the whole getting shit done part of working on my POS and decided to just buy a kit for the time being. I may decide to sell whatever I buy in a year or two and build something myself, but for now I just want to get it over with. I've been driving the Jeep damn near everywhere lately and just want to get it highway-ready again ASAP.

I was looking at the clayton 3 link earlier today. Maybe I'll give that (along with the RK 3 link) another check.
you dont want to spend a weekend fabbing up a simply 3 link but you want to but one of the the most labor intensive long arm set ups out there? lots of holes to drill with the tnt kit

Girlfriend's car was 1.5qts low on tranny fluid. No leaks, nothing funny about it after letting it run for a good 30 minutes. Coolant smells like coolant but is red. Not gross red, nice clear red. I can flush it out and put green and see if it turns red again but what a XXXXing pain. I have no idea if it was red all along but when I've seen atf make it's way into the radiator the coolant looked gross not a nice clearish red. What a gay annoying car. Also why would people make red coolant in the first place so to make this so much XXXXing harder.

im sure you know this, but what kind of car? gm coolant is often red, and many jap cars. if it isnt leaking outside, its gotta be going into the radiator. though, worst case scenario, throw a radiator in that bitch.

Drilling is one thing, building from scratch is another.

Maybe I'm just over-complicating it in my head but I made a big enough project out of my simple steering and trackbar... Between figuring out how long to make the links, where to put the links, and actually doing the work, suspension would probably take me ages. Plus I still have to buy the DOM and box steel for the x-member and front truss.

Maybe I'll take some measurements for how much steel I'll need. I have a few days off over the next couple weeks so I'll def have time to drive to Marmon/Keystone and buy some tube if I do go that route... maybe I'll tackle the Xmember and truss this week and see how much progress I can make on that before ordering tube.

edit - anyway, thanks for the advice. got me looking at a few other kits and thinking about other options. consider this topic closed :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Along the lines of what Sam said... Engines with aluminum blocks often run a red coolant. That's how my VW is... I forget what it is but something about regular green coolant can eat away at the aluminum.

im sure you know this, but what kind of car? gm coolant is often red, and many jap cars. if it isnt leaking outside, its gotta be going into the radiator. though, worst case scenario, throw a radiator in that bitch.

Along the lines of what Sam said... Engines with aluminum blocks often run a red coolant. That's how my VW is... I forget what it is but something about regular green coolant can eat away at the aluminum.

It should have green, it's a nissan. Problem is, is like Anthony said many people like to put in red after the fact. If it was green before I would think it would be a shitty green/red mix like i've seen before when this happens. So, gay. I'd put a pressure tester on it and see if it blew out into the tranny or had bad pressure but I really don't want to XXXX up the tranny with coolant just to find out what's wrong.

I'll flush it out, put green in and drive it for a couple days. Unless I can think of another more direct way of doing it. I'm tempted to skip flushing it. Red, green, orange, blue, yellow colored coolant shouldn't matter. If it gets enough ATF in there it'll turn to sludge. I can just drive it until I find it's getting a little mucky in there then swap out the radiator, or find that it's something else.

Will duct tape hold exhaust parts together or will it catch on fire?

It will probably either melt or burn. Pretty sure most auto stores sell exhaust tape or strapping or something that should do the trick.

Reinhold to find the right band clamps but pretty sure MJ exhaust is 2 1/4 but none of the ones online are smaller than 3.3" if I'm reading them right, anyone wanna find it on Amazon for me?

Back