• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: The NAC Lots-O-Muscle-Cars-But-no-driveway-Burndogs Thread

Also I still have a huge bucket list of 90's foreign cars I need to own and then get bored with and sell too soon.

-98-00 Impreza 2.5RS

Loved mine. You should've bought it.

jeff dropped off a new battery forgot to tell him i need 2 so he brought 1, ends up being a plus. swap the driver side batt with the new one, still the same lights and all work no start. pull the pass batt and leave the new in the driver side now nothing no lights anything. put the new battery in the pass side fires right up get the alt getting 14v. So looks like I need to fix the wiring going to the driverside

So I see a puddle of fluid under my front crossmember. It's dark out, so I do the old taste test with a little on my finger...can't stop burping transmission fluid. That shit is so nasty.

Also I still have a huge bucket list of 90's foreign cars I need to own and then get bored with and sell too soon.

-B13 Sentra SE-R
-1992 Integra GS-R (because 1.7 VTEKSSS)
-Volvo 850R
-2000 Integra Type R
-Celica Alltrac
-91/92 Galant VR4
-99/00 Civic Si
-98-00 Impreza 2.5RS
-1995 540i Msport

Then the "supercars"- 300ZX and Supra TT, don't really care for the NSX.

And of course my E36 M3, which sucks and will probably stay that way.

I'd love to get a B13 SE-R, but they are RARE. I knew a guy who auto-x'd one and he loved it.

Teggys never did it for me.

I'd skip the 850R and go straight to the S60R or V70R... 300hp AWD and a bit more modern.

I've seen 1st gen alltracs pop up cheap here and there, but there are a few cars above that and the 2nd gen that I would want before I picked up one. If I could get a 3rd gen (not sold in the US... bah) I'd love it.

VR-4 Galant? Again, never did it for me.

x2 on what adam said about the 2.5RS. I had the best off the shelf suspension ever built for that chassis, sway bars, and links. of course, pullets, SRI, exhaust too, but that didn't as much. honestly, one of the best handling cars I've ever driven... and that includes the 996 911 Carrera 2 PDK I got my hands on once.

My buddy who I told to buy your ZHP just picked up an 03 530i Sport 5 spd w/ 118k for $3700. Needs a few things but it's all there. Awesome car.

any of you guys have commuter cars that get good mileage and aren't boring turds?

Looking to get something soon for a daily driver on my soon to be extended commute to work. I want something reasonably reliable, 25-30+ MPG, but sporty enough to not be boring if i want to drive it that way. $5-7k max. Manual trans option would be a huge plus

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-porsche-914-2-0/

I definitely liked Dundy's Subaru. That thing was pretty cool. I could see myself owning one of those as more of a beater/fun car than a project/toy.

I just grew up around old muscle cars and like the look of them. Sure in stock form they're not anything remotely special in the handling department, but you can do things here and there to make them better. However, I also didn't buy one to go autocross with.

My biggest beef with muscle cars (and hell... most 80s/90s sports cars) is that they are SLOW.

A 2012 V6 Camry can do the 1/4 as fast as or faster than a 1970 440 Charger. the MK1 GTI is slower than a new Mitsubishi Mirage.

My biggest beef with muscle cars (and hell... most 80s/90s sports cars) is that they are SLOW.

A 2012 V6 Camry can do the 1/4 as fast as or faster than a 1970 440 Charger. the MK1 GTI is slower than a new Mitsubishi Mirage.

You've clearly never been in a big block A-body Mopar :laugh:

I definitely liked Dundy's Subaru. That thing was pretty cool. I could see myself owning one of those as more of a beater/fun car than a project/toy.

I just grew up around old muscle cars and like the look of them. Sure in stock form they're not anything remotely special in the handling department, but you can do things here and there to make them better. However, I also didn't buy one to go autocross with.
I laughed.

Speaking for myself, heck my truck may be faster than my Challenger. It sure has more TQ. Anyway, I also didn't buy it to be the fastest toy in the stable. We have my wife's Explorer Sport for that.
Edit: Looking at Car & Driver test results from the 70s, my car beats that Camry by over a full second in the 1/4. :moon: :laugh:

Last edited:

Update #2: Car & Driver also says my wife's Explorer does the 1/4 0.3 seconds faster than that Camry, not bad for a 4960lb SUV. :laugh2:
That also means my car should be faster. I have my doubts. Things will change a bit when the new suspension parts, axle, wheels and tires go under. Then I have some other things money has to go toward very shortly.

70s muscle cars are slow to move and slow to stop, with tons of body roll around the corners

You can fix it all

They mostly just look badass

48% of the reason I bought it. The other 50% was to have something I could drive to work on nice days and not have to trailer it wherever I went like my Jeep Although that part never really bothered me, it was more about not really being able to drive, legally, on the road 9shut-up about your 2002 experience driving down a main road Mr. vetteboy ;) ). The remaining 2% was go fast.

Registering and insuring the XJ this week. :)

I just need to replace the windshield and get a sticker for it.

You've clearly never been in a big block A-body Mopar :laugh:

No, but how many A bodies came with big blocks? My buddy has something like $20k into his 440 just so his cuda can dyno 400whp. You can get that out of an LSX for half that, including the price of a used motor. You can build anything, it just becomes cost-prohibitive at a point... but this we're talking about cars, so it doesn't make sense money wise unless we are all investing in supercars or something.

Speaking for myself, heck my truck may be faster than my Challenger. It sure has more TQ. Anyway, I also didn't buy it to be the fastest toy in the stable. We have my wife's Explorer Sport for that.
Edit: Looking at Car & Driver test results from the 70s, my car beats that Camry by over a full second in the 1/4. :moon: :laugh:

Ok, but your car is definitely not making the HP it made in 1971. Not saying a Camry is cooler than a 71 Challenger but new cars are just FAST.

70s muscle cars are slow to move and slow to stop, with tons of body roll around the corners

You can fix it all

They mostly just look badass

This. It just costs money. Money fixes everything.

The cars I want are slow as shit anyway.

No, but how many A bodies came with big blocks? My buddy has something like $20k into his 440 just so his cuda can dyno 400whp. You can get that out of an LSX for half that, including the price of a used motor. You can build anything, it just becomes cost-prohibitive at a point... but this we're talking about cars, so it doesn't make sense money wise unless we are all investing in supercars or something.

67-69 Cuda could be bought with a 383.

You could buy a Dart from the dealer with a 426 hemi.

If he has $20k into a 440 just so he can dyno 400whp, then he's doing it wrong. That's ridiculous.

Registering and insuring the XJ this week. :)

I just need to replace the windshield and get a sticker for it.
Sweet. Get the snowblower running yet?
There has to be something amiss here. That price is nuts for that kinda HP.
Ok, but your car is definitely not making the HP it made in 1971. Not saying a Camry is cooler than a 71 Challenger but new cars are just FAST.

This. It just costs money. Money fixes everything.

The cars I want are slow as shit anyway.
It isn't like it is a stock never touch 71 motor. :laugh: Should be pretty close and it does have a 'something' cam now.
Two people here, not naming names, are trying to get my in trouble with my wife and get me to swap heads, intake, a known cam, and carb.

Yup. Money fixes almost everything.

67-69 Cuda could be bought with a 383.

You could buy a Dart from the dealer with a 426 hemi.

If he has $20k into a 440 just so he can dyno 400whp, then he's doing it wrong. That's ridiculous.

THE MASTER OF 440 HORSEPOWER HAS SPOKEN!

Muscle cars are cool I guess, big power big brakes big turbo is cool I guess, corners and quarters all day

Re: The NAC Lots-O-Muscle-Cars-vs-'12 Toyota Camry Thread

I have a motorcycle

Back