• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

The vw paddle shift is derived from f1. It has a double clutch so it can keep 2 gears engaged all of the time. When it shifts it drops engagement of one and picks up the other. It's a cool trans and if you were pinching seconds on the track I could see wanting it.

But it's still an automatic

I used copper nickel line to do my Dodge.

Made it super easy to replace them all. I did literally every line except for one of the master cylinder to ABS pump lines, and the line all the way to the rear of the truck had been replaced already.

I did one master cylinder to ABS pump, all three out of the ABS pump, the cross over underneath the front crossmember, and the one on the rear axle.

The annoying part was I didn't do them ALL at once...did the front ones, bled, blew a hard line, did the rear, blew a soft line, etc. That was annoying as hell :laugh:.

I hate it when that happens.

I would like to say I learned my lesson and do them all at once now, but we all know that is simply not true :laugh:

cunifer brake line is awesome.

The vw paddle shift is derived from f1. It has a double clutch so it can keep 2 gears engaged all of the time. When it shifts it drops engagement of one and picks up the other. It's a cool trans and if you were pinching seconds on the track I could see wanting it.

But it's still an automatic

If you bought the 2008 R32, you didn't have a choice. Never driven a paddle shift car but it seems boring as ****.

Colin and I are on the same page.

:kissyou:

i drove a gallardo with a paddle shift. it was the opposite of boring.

Aren't most modern sports cars paddle shift now? Since F1 took off with it because it is faster it seems everyone, their brother, Subaru and Hyundai do it now.

Aren't most modern sports cars paddle shift now? Since F1 took off with it because it is faster it seems everyone, their brother, Subaru and Hyundai do it now.

most super and hypercars are yes, not only are they faster but they are less prone to breakage... jam gears the wrong way at 13000 RPM in your new 750hp lambo and things will break. there is, however, a difference between paddle shifters on a simple auto trans, or paddles on a DSG or similar. DSGs like in F1, vw, ferrari, etc are not really autos... they are, for the most part, manuals that shift automatically.

If there stronger then tell me why all the big HP TT Lambos are swapping them for 6spds

i really dont mind working on cars, and most of the time, i enjoy it.. or at least try to. but when it comes to exhaust and brakes (besides pads/rotors, thats easy) i HATE doing it. i'm probably just going to drop the truck off at my buddy's garage and let him have at it. it sucks doing a job like this in a garage, and it sucks even more doing it in a dirt driveway.

Yeah bending/brake lines kinda sucks, but exhaust are super easy.

Are those still all paddle shift or did they finally go back to a six speed manual?

It was a '13 I drove, and it was a 6 spd manual.

I know this is a Jeep forum and you guys all have your strong opinions on things, but despite it being a gay VW, it was actually a ton of fun to drive. Rowing through the gears on it, all I could think about was how much I love driving a manual.

If there stronger then tell me why all the big HP TT Lambos are swapping them for 6spds

says who? the only lambo you can currently get with 3 pedals is the gallardo LP 570-4 squadra corse... which is a very limited "track-spec" version of a model they no longer make.

says who? the only lambo you can currently get with 3 pedals is the gallardo LP 570-4 squadra corse... which is a very limited "track-spec" version of a model they no longer make.

Who ever said anything about factory option s?

edit: Dukie, you know it :roflmao: I thought I finally had this shitcan ready for inspection (after wasting two vacation days trying to get it covered under warranty, then driving to springfield when they canceled the second appointment due to rain, which was fair enough, installing a windshield outside in the rain is asking for leakage problems) and then it gets ****ed up again literally before I even have a chance to have it inspected. Started the morning off in a pretty foul mood because of that.

That's why I'm on the lookout for a decent clean straight 98/99 without such problems, I completely agree. I don't mind if I have to park the current crapcan in the yard and strip it bare and toss everything else on the new one.

I'm just saying there is basically nothing frankenstein about this thing except for the chassis not being in the best shape and having some 'issues'.

Just waiting till one comes along with the right price on it. Believe me, I don't feel like dealing with the issues this chassis has.

I just don't see how selling all my projects/crapcans that literally won't get me enough money to buy gas for the month will solve the problem at all.

No worries on me modding this thing further, the only remaining plans I have for it are fixing the AC (because it's gonna get hot soon), putting a new rear axle together for it (100% stock parts, it just has a junk pinion bearing and trashed wheel bearings in the current one and I'd rather put 30 bucks in parts into the free replacement Jay gave me, then bolt it in in an evening instead of screwing around with it under the jeep), rhinolining the floor, and putting the carpet back in. It will certainly never be lifted, and after tearing a hole in the gas tank last time, I'm done wheeling it. I have baby mudterrains on it right now only because they were damn near the cheapest tires I could find that would actually make it up the hill out of my driveway in spring mud season without spinning. I think a set of stock 225 Michelins would have cost me more than I spent on them, and with how many miles I put on it, running unknown used tires probably isn't in my best interest.

I probably will if MassDOT doesn't pony up for a new one. Which they won't, but I feel like yelling at someone over this and dammit, it's gonna be the people who filled the road with windshield ruining bullshit if I'm gonna yell at anyone.

I even have the gasket I want on it sitting here at work now because I bought one so I could have them install it if I ended up going through insurance, so even if I have to go through insurance, this will cost me a whopping 30 bucks instead of 200 this time around.

I'm worried this is gonna crack further even if it's repaired, since it's a few small cracks away from the spot it hit not a circular/conical pockmark, but eh. If it passes inspection and lasts a few months so I can call insurance and not have them be quite as mad about it, it's good enough for me.

Solution.... buy my XJ! I can't take it with me to Pittsburgh. For sale post coming soon.

Personally, I'm a much bigger fan of grinding gears and missing shifts. You can ask Patch if you don't believe me.

I like to drive stick shift vehicles like they're an automatic. Just shove it in third ,floor it, dump the clutch and go cruising. I'm not sure what all those other gears are for.

I like to drive stick shift vehicles like they're an automatic. Just shove it in third ,floor it, dump the clutch and go cruising. I'm not sure what all those other gears are for.

So what you're saying is that you want to start a race team with me?

Back