• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

nope... XJ and MJ senders have the bulkhead/tank mounting ring clocked differently from what I've been told. They are in fact very different in the catalog.

I need to pick up a 91-95 XJ sender, a junk MJ tank, and find my old rusted out MJ sender so I can see if I can fabricate an MJ one out of an XJ one without too much difficulty. My suspicion is yes, but I'm not sure yet.

I still have my '94 XJ one, complete, in decent shape. Lemme know if you want it.

Klausen bread and butter sandwich pickles are delicious

Sweet pickles are gross. I had one of those the other day not realizing what it was, thinkin it was a regular XXXX pickle, and almost spit it out.

Given that I spent 6 years working around my suspension crossmembers and finally got pissed off enough at them to say XXXX it I'm starting over, I'm not really sure why someone would want to not only buy them from me, but pay to ship them to Kansas.

Trust me buddy, whatever you think they're worth, it ain't enough for me to dig them back out of my scrap dumpster.

I still have my '94 XJ one, complete, in decent shape. Lemme know if you want it.

Sweet pickles are gross. I had one of those the other day not realizing what it was, thinkin it was a regular XXXX pickle, and almost spit it out.

I love sweet pickles and 94 xj senders

I love that roof rack thread in mod tech.

Usually you buy a roof rack because you need storage space.

Not because it's cool and are looking for ideas of things to put up there.

Hey man a jeep on 35s doesn't look right at the mall without a roof rack, what's the guy supposed to do?

Should I make a roof rack out of a plastic shelving unit? I think it will hold up and no one makes multi level roof racks

he works as a fabricator so hes got rocker gaurds, spare tire carrier on rear bumper, the sickest jeep ive seen yet, 36inch iroks stick about 5 inches farther than his fender.

I thought that was the only reason people bought roof racks. That is the only reason I know of people buying roof racks, and why I wanted one when I was younger.

Some XXXXtard I know who has a JK is head over heals of the "Gobi stealth rack." Stupid useless piece of metal costs over $1k, and he is in love with the thing.

I love sweet pickles and 94 xj senders

Sooo...you want it, or no?

Back when I still gave a shit about answering dumb threads, whenever anyone would ask "what should I buy next for my rig?", my answer was always to take whatever money you wanna spend on parts, and use it to go wheeling instead. You'll eventually find out for yourself what you wanna spend on money on.

Same thing with deciding what bullshit to carry with you. If you're cool with carrying a few hundred pounds of sockets and wrenches while your rig sounds like a train wreck going down the trail, so you can be "that guy" who has everything to fix everyone else's rig, more power to ya.

Maybe I'm just jaded (and exceptionally bitter today, for some reason), but to me this whole sport is about self-expression and trial and error. If I gave a shit about what anyone else wanted me to do, would I really be attempting to run a TTB 35 front end? :laugh:

Hey man a jeep on 35s doesn't look right at the mall without a roof rack, what's the guy supposed to do?

Should I make a roof rack out of a plastic shelving unit? I think it will hold up and no one makes multi level roof racks

I built my roof rack out of conduit. Literally, straight shots of 3/4" EMT conduit, with 90* elbows, and the little couplings with set screws on each end. I framed it out like that and welded cross braces to the galvanized tube without cleaning it first. I used reinforcing mesh for concrete as a floor instead of expanded steel because that was the closest thing I could find at Home Depot. It was held to my (homebrew) roof rack bars by a mix of Home Depot u-bolts and small exhaust clamps. That piece of shit carried my spare tire, hi-lift, strap, and 4 lights for almost 3 years.

Same thing with deciding what bullshit to carry with you. If you're cool with carrying a few hundred pounds of sockets and wrenches while your rig sounds like a train wreck going down the trail, so you can be "that guy" who has everything to fix everyone else's rig, more power to ya.

I just flat out hate carrying toolboxes with me because I never have a nice spot setup for it so it ends up sounding just like that.

After I have a spare tire mount figured out, I'm going to find a way to securely mount a toolbox in the bed somewhere and carry just what I need.

i have come to the conclusion that if you bring a big toolbox with 3 of every tool you possibly need you are either dumb or a tool.

and toolbags are where its at. they dont make a peep of noise.

Back