• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Jeep is gone...

XCastleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
It broke my heart but I let the jeep go. I traded it in on a new truck.

This was my last moment with the jeep...
IMG_0931.jpg

This is what I traded up to...
IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

This is the first time since I got my drivers permit that I've not had a Jeep. I'm really sad about it but at the same time I really love the truck. And I'm sure that I'll get another Jeep eventually.

Oh and just for .40CalPatriot...

built-ford-tough3-500x500.png

:cheers:

Ya man you'll love it. My dad loves his f150. Nice. It having to worry about anything. Just hop in and go.

Ford received their GUBB-A-MINT check looong before the other Two got their highly advertised EBT cards , so Ford owners are going to need a new slogan B/C all 3 has seen their welfare checks from uncle Sam . I like all 3 brands I would drive anyone of their 1/2 ton and up trucks ,but the bailout chant is not only old it just shows Ford fans are either delusional or unaware ...maybe both ?:repair::)

How about some proof of said bailout for Ford? I have no pony in this race, I just hadn't heard about it.

According to rokkens link ford did not receive any money from Uncle Sam

Ford received their GUBB-A-MINT check looong before the other Two got their highly advertised EBT cards , so Ford owners are going to need a new slogan B/C all 3 has seen their welfare checks from uncle Sam . I like all 3 brands I would drive anyone of their 1/2 ton and up trucks ,but the bailout chant is not only old it just shows Ford fans are either delusional or unaware ...maybe both ?:repair::)

Yup. Ford did take 5.9 Billion of the Gov't Cheese early in the crisis toward their 14 billion "re-tooling" of their factories to begin building more fuel efficient cars. They also secured a 9 Billion credit line from the DOE "just in case" the economy continued it's down turn. Ford admitted they supported Govt bailout programs and that if the other automakers were to fold, they would surely suffer. "In particular, the collapse of one or both of our domestic competitors would threaten Ford because we have 80 percent overlap in supplier networks and nearly 25 percent of Ford’s top dealers also own GM and Chrysler franchises."

Click it --> http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/ford-motor-co-does-u-turn-on-bailouts/

Essentially, Ford has recognized that the other manufacturers took on a burden that very likely saved their bacon.

So yeah....... Ford still sucks. :D

Last edited:
Yup. Ford did take 5.9 Billion of the Gov't Cheese early in the crisis toward their 14 billion "re-tooling" of their factories to begin building more fuel efficient cars. They also secured a 9 Billion credit line from the DOE "just in case" the economy continued it's down turn. Ford admitted they supported Govt bailout programs and that if the other automakers were to fold, they would surely suffer. "In particular, the collapse of one or both of our domestic competitors would threaten Ford because we have 80 percent overlap in supplier networks and nearly 25 percent of Ford’s top dealers also own GM and Chrysler franchises."

Click it --> http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/ford-motor-co-does-u-turn-on-bailouts/

Essentially, Ford has recognized that the other manufacturers took on a burden that very likely saved their bacon.

So yeah....... Ford still sucks. :D

If we are to talk about Govt cheese then you need to tell the whole story! Just because you dug up some info showing Ford took some money from DOE does not make it bailout money. If you knew what you were talking about you would know it was much like a home owner getting govt cheese after installing solar or wind power generation. Its called energy efficiency improvments which is why the money came from DOE. Why don't you pull up some more info describing just how deep GM and Dodge have had thier hands in the prebailout cookie jar! Your point is mute and the fact is Ford did NOT take any bailout money. Ford took govt money as most businesses do for improvements not because they were a financial screw up! Who makes the better product..... I am sure we can google the shit out of that to and end up with what most of us already know Ford is just better all the way around..... Oh, if Dodge is so great why would cummins jump ship and head over to Nissan????:rtm: :spin1:

And before you start crying and issuing death threats :kissyou:

Hey, don't bring me into this pissing match :eyes:

No pissin here, just havin a little fun. Some people just don't know how to have a constructive arguement. I am not trying to upset anyone but I guess that is what happens when you have a valid point and they don't.. :pirate1:

P.S. I am seriously looking at getting one of those new Nissans with the cummins!

Indeed - I drove the big 3 when truck shopping, and went with a nissan, though I have always leaned blue oval.

My truck, like my jeep, always has a cummins in it. :D

Ford still sucks.

Back