• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Budget Bucket's build

Well its been a while again. Graduated college, almost done with the Academy, and heres some photos that i never posted.

Also a questions because whats this thread without one.

I need to buy a radiator because my CSF plastic tank special cracked again. So CSF 3 row all aluminum? or CSF all metal tanks from quadratec? thanks guys

Your xj is a good example of not needing a bunch of lift and big tires to go wheeling. Ive always liked it. I remember you saying you were working on a roof rack some time ago, did you ever get around to it? I like the slide out rack in the back too.. might have to steal that idea.

Also, I have a cheapy $150 all aluminum 3 core radiator that has held up great and I never get hot. I've put the same one in 3 of my jeeps and I'm pretty happy with them. I'll see if I can find my receipt for it, but I think I remember it being made by silva?

Last edited:
^^ x3. Yours and Seal's jeeps are part of the reason that I am starting over with a new rig and keeping it low.

Your xj is a good example of not needing a bunch of lift and big tires to go wheeling. Ive always liked it.
^^ x3. Yours and Seal's jeeps are part of the reason that I am starting over with a new rig and keeping it low.

thanks guys that means a lot to me. I really appreciate it!

I remember you saying you were working on a roof rack some time ago, did you ever get around to it? I like the slide out rack in the back too.. might have to steal that idea.
Thanks man, i looked at a lot of different ideas and found a combination of stuff that will work great for me. separates my clothes and tents and cooler from my tools oils and spares. also allows me to hang my air hoses and other things around it. super sturdy and i can tie down a lot of stuff.

Yes I am currently working on that however with these last 5 weeks left I have been focusing more on academy stuff then that but it is started and hoping to have it low profile and be interchangeable with different mounts.

Also, I have a cheapy $150 all aluminum 3 core radiator that has held up great and I never get hot. I've put the same one in 3 of my jeeps and I'm pretty happy with them. I'll see if I can find my receipt for it, but I think I remember it being made by silva?
ooh ok. so you like em? if you can find that receipt and from where. Ive heard horror stories of them exploding seams, getting clogged, etc. but I've heard more positives then not. I just don't want to wast monies unless its worth it but sounds like you really recommend them.

I also am purchasing a HP 30 to put in a air locker or auzie locker, not sure. also planning on a new rear bumper, possible new front bumper, tcase clock, and new drive shafts this summer

Back