• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Boostwerks.com Rig build thread... (56k killer)

Looks good, how does it feel?

GREAT. I honestly don't want to change a thing. It tracks great, and soaks up bumps like it should. Even with no SS it gets right up to 80 with no signs of DW. The factory steering and TB SUCK imo. I havn't done any flex tests yet (still need some SS brake lines) but I might need some high misalignment spacers on the drag link. Thanks!

It looks great. How far is the tie rod from the diff cover at full lock? I have been trying to decide on which direction i should go with my steering,

Maybe I missed it but how many inches of lift and what is the backspacing or offset of those wheels?

It looks great. How far is the tie rod from the diff cover at full lock? I have been trying to decide on which direction i should go with my steering,

It honestly touches the cover when turning right, but I think I have a slight toe in. I'll definetly loose some TR with the ruffstuff cover, but I'd rather have the support than the small loss in radius.

Maybe I missed it but how many inches of lift and what is the backspacing or offset of those wheels?

Lift came out to about 3.5-4" and the backspacing is 4.5" (I think). I recently learned that the wheels are no longer being made either. That fact would be cool if I wasn't in need for a spare. :(

Let me know how it works out with the RS cover, i have one also that still needs to be installed.

I would invest in a set of lube lockers (got mine from jeepinoutfitters.com) the RS covers are very heavy and stubborn to get sealed with a regular gasket or RTV

Some updates...

I trimmed the front end, installed the E auto headlight harness, and checked the flex. As you can tell, I desperately need longer brake lines! Other than that, everything looks good.

IMG_2635.JPG

IMG_2637.JPG

STUFFED!!
IMG_2639.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG

Look at that brake line!
IMG_2642.JPG

IMG_2643.JPG

IMG_2644.JPG

Sitting on the bump...
IMG_2647.JPG

Some updates...

I trimmed the front end, installed the E auto headlight harness, and checked the flex. As you can tell, I desperately need longer brake lines! Other than that, everything looks good.

IMG_2635.JPG

IMG_2637.JPG

STUFFED!!
IMG_2639.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG

Look at that brake line!
IMG_2642.JPG

IMG_2643.JPG

IMG_2644.JPG

Sitting on the bump...
IMG_2647.JPG
now that you know every thing works good, go pull those lower links off and sleeve them before you damage them and need to build new ones all over again from scratch. :nono:

he has good reason!
don't know what type of wheeling you're planning on but I would never run the lowers like that

First of all, I have a couple local guys run the same size DOM for lowers and they have never bent one. Secondly, when did I say I wasn't going to sleeve them?

I'm honestly surprised you two nut swingers are so stuck on that. Sheesh. :confused1

First of all, I have a couple local guys run the same size DOM for lowers and they have never bent one. Secondly, when did I say I wasn't going to sleeve them?

I'm honestly surprised you two nut swingers are so stuck on that. Sheesh. :confused1
for me its just i hate to see good work go bad because some one doesn't take the hour or two to finish the job the rest of the way, i will stop reminding you now and leave you to do what ever you want to do, looks good and i hope to see you on the trails

Mr.OverKill "swinging my nuts" out

Hey Bryson, nice build, but I think you should sleeve those lowers.:moon::D:D

for me its just i hate to see good work go bad because some one doesn't take the hour or two to finish the job the rest of the way, i will stop reminding you now and leave you to do what ever you want to do, looks good and i hope to see you on the trails

Mr.OverKill "swinging my nuts" out

I do honestly appreciate it. You simply don't have to remind me everytime I post an update :shiver:

Hey Bryson, nice build, but I think you should sleeve those lowers.:moon::D:D

:gonnablow lol

I'm really curious about the turbo setup. How are you going to get it to run without a check engine light. I'v been reluctant to turbo my rig because I assumed OBD II would be a huge pain. What are your plans for electronics with respect to the turbo?

Very nice BTW, I Love the rims, way to be different.

I'm really curious about the turbo setup. How are you going to get it to run without a check engine light. I'v been reluctant to turbo my rig because I assumed OBD II would be a huge pain. What are your plans for electronics with respect to the turbo?

Very nice BTW, I Love the rims, way to be different.

Thanks! I'll be using an AEM F/IC controller. It was designed specifically for OBDII vehicles. They have a specific Chysler/dodge/jeep unit as well that has been tested with our ECU's (1913 is the model #). Before installing the turbo setup, I'll tune the motor on 450cc injectors with the AEM to ensure it's up to the task.

looks good, how are those 5100's working for ya? i just ordered me a set and im waiting for them to get here.

They're great. Definetly not as good as the remote resivoir 7100s, but for the $ you can't go wrong with a good ol Bilstein.

Thanks! I'll be using an AEM F/IC controller. It was designed specifically for OBDII vehicles. They have a specific Chysler/dodge/jeep unit as well that has been tested with our ECU's (1913 is the model #). Before installing the turbo setup, I'll tune the motor on 450cc injectors with the AEM to ensure it's up to the task.

Thanks, Exactly the info i was looking for. :worship: Subscribed!

"The 30-1913 FIC is required for every Dodge /Chrysler/Jeep vehicle that we have tested. The 30-1913 is a basically an FIC with modified injector hardware to prevent the stock ECU from throwing injector fault codes", (http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php/topic,22240.0.html).

Back