• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The 8.8 Simple Swap kit!

Quick question on the perches, it seems from the pictures that the surface the leaf springs sit on is about 3/4" above the top of the tube. With the tubes being larger on the 8.8 already, does this add even more lift height? Basically, without changing anything but the axle, how much more lift will i have in the rear than I already do?
Thanks
Lightfoot

This is a great kit. I have the spring perches and u-bolt plates on my Jeepspeed.

IMG_1299.jpg

so im going to peak at an 8.8 on sunday. Thinking about buying it. 50 bucks for everything but a ring and pinion set. Good deal? What do I have to do to it with this kit to get it on an XJ and how offroad tough is this kit?

how much lift going from an 8.25 to an 8.8 ?

The tubes on a 8.8 are 3.25, the 8.25 has 3" tubes..... so 1/8" lift from the tube size.

so im going to peak at an 8.8 on sunday. Thinking about buying it. 50 bucks for everything but a ring and pinion set. Good deal? What do I have to do to it with this kit to get it on an XJ and how offroad tough is this kit?

What gears are you going to be running? If its 4:10 I would keep looking. If your using a non-factory ratio, go for it! You will need a welder in addition to this kit. May as well weld the tubes to the housing while you are at it. Also seriously consider adding the rear cover. The stock Ford cover is foil thin, and with the pinion angle set for an SYE, mine was hanging down just begging to be peeled off.

Dan, I just need U-Bolts and top plate, can you guys do a deal on just those? I understand if I have to call to place the order, or shoot me a PM.

Back