• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

That was a costly brain fart...

Jawa

NAXJA Forum User
Before I left to go camping last week I picked up a couple of Bilstein 5100s to replace my completely shot rear shocks. The plan was to install them at some point during the trip. On the way out I swung by an ACE Hardware to pick up new bolts. I took one of the shocks in with me because I wanted to be sure of the bolt size...

...and I left the damn shock behind. 4 days later, when I got back and realized my dumbass mistake, it's long gone. Nobody turned it in. What a great way to blow $75. :doh: :flamemad:

Did you leave it on the counter?

Do they have a security camera system?
If they refuse to review it for you, then they're probably covering for the employee who stole it.

O DANG!

and WTF is someone at ace going to do with one shock? Odds are they tosted it.

Yeah, the gal I spoke with said that their trash pickup is on the weekend. She thought that maybe since I didn't come back for a few days they tossed it... I still need to hit up craigslist to see if someone is selling a single shock.

Sonuva......... that sucks.

"Sometimes when I stop to think........ I forget to start again....... "
-unknown

I don't feel so bad now. When those self-checkout registers were still new to me, I ran off and left a $20 bill. I didn't even make it to the car, that $20 was another tuiton payment to the school of hard knocks.

Haven't done it since. :)

Back