• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TFT run at Badlands Dec. 4th

Went wheeling in the snow once. I did OK, but my buddy didn't fare as well (this is at the base of throttle hill):

IMG00030-20100220-1350.jpg

And a year later we are just starting to repair this thing...

Hope everyone had fun, I wish I could have made it but I got a lot accomplished around the new house/shop instead.

I just got back from Attica, had a blast today. It was the first time I went wheeling at an actual 4x4 park, I ended up tagging along with a group of guys from this website. ( I forget your usernames so please chime in if you read this)
Anyways they took me under their wing and showed me around the park. All three of you guys were really awesome, spotted for me, pulled out my stocker, etc. I felt like I learned a lot.

So shout out to you guys. Thanks again.:cheers:

I just got back from Attica, had a blast today. It was the first time I went wheeling at an actual 4x4 park, I ended up tagging along with a group of guys from this website. ( I forget your usernames so please chime in if you read this)
Anyways they took me under their wing and showed me around the park. All three of you guys were really awesome, spotted for me, pulled out my stocker, etc. I felt like I learned a lot.

Go figure, I don't go and you actually show up. I wanted to harass you in person! :D

Ya had a blast, wheeling in the snow is great. Got alittle bit of damage but other than that was a great day.

Saw spongebob and scooterchris said hi to each other, but we never wheeled together. maybe next time.

You are welcome. It's always fun showing a newbie what there jeep can do. The fresh snow and non frozen ground sure was different. The ride in the morning was very exciting also with all the spin outs on I57. The pulled pork lunch was also very Tastey.

:peace:

Yeppie - awsome conditions. Something about the 1st snow - seems the fresh snow insulated the ground and kept the traction great. Bob led the way, cleared a path for us with the smaller tires, and kept us out of trouble. As always, leaned a thing or two. Best part was the kid went with a group in LaCrosse, Wi on Sat. The ground was frozen, so they ended up covering .8 miles in 5 hours - guess it was a winch fest. So.. had to tell him a couple of times what a great time we had.

Glad you had a great time, and had the chance to do things that you would have never thought you could do. That one cliff in the quarry was awsome to see a stock XJ go up.
Later.

Yeppie - awsome conditions. Something about the 1st snow - seems the fresh snow insulated the ground and kept the traction great. Bob led the way, cleared a path for us with the smaller tires, and kept us out of trouble. As always, leaned a thing or two. Best part was the kid went with a group in LaCrosse, Wi on Sat. The ground was frozen, so they ended up covering .8 miles in 5 hours - guess it was a winch fest. So.. had to tell him a couple of times what a great time we had.
Good choice.

Glad you had a great time, and had the chance to do things that you would have never thought you could do. That one cliff in the quarry was awsome to see a stock XJ go up.
Later.

Yeah, I really had my doubts about that one. I felt like I was going to get high centered at the top of the ridge but I think I just bounced off the rock (Poor crossmember...)

Nothing gets your adrenaline pumping like launching your DD up a wall of rock!

Yeah, I really had my doubts about that one. I felt like I was going to get high centered at the top of the ridge but I think I just bounced off the rock (Poor crossmember...)

Nothing gets your adrenaline pumping like launching your DD up a wall of rock!

I sure enjoy wheeling my DD.

so did they not allow cameras at this event?

:D

so did they not allow cameras at this event?

:D

Good one. I was going to ask the same question. I wanted to go but already had planned something for that weekend.

Great picture. Wish i would not have had other plans that weekend.

Back