• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

They say the worst day in the desert is better than the best day at work.

They freaking lied. ;)

Broke a shaft on the waterfall at wrecking ball. No big deal there, but when it broke the rig unloaded and fell back into the wall.

This is gonna be a lot of fun to fix.

IMG_20140510_184804487_zpsekg0e9ey.jpg

But, that wasn't the end of the day..

Winched over the fall, Dallas came up behind me, we sent Jeff back to camp to grab another shaft and my toolbag, while Dallas and I took the rig apart.

Jeff came rolling into camp about 45 minutes later with his rig more or less on fire. Quicker inspection showed that my toolbag broke loose from where it was strapped and ended up in his header (rear engine buggy).

Bag burned up and my primary (not trail bag) tools were spread over 15-20 miles of desert.

We spent a couple hours looking, but only found a few gems here and there. For the most part I just have to buy all of my tools over again. :/

The stuff we did find was sucked through his poor engine. This little guy was wrapping itself around his harmonic balancer.

IMG_20140511_210153221_zps9hg5gddy.jpg

IMG_20140511_210212743_zpsc1su0m5f.jpg

IMG_20140511_210221291_zpsbqdefxer.jpg

Next weekend's wrenching will start at Harbor Freight, compliments of American Express. :/

thats a memory. you will never forget that trip. I hate losing trail tools. sounds like a great campfire story.

They say the worst day in the desert is better than the best day at work.

They freaking lied. ;)

Broke a shaft on the waterfall at wrecking ball. No big deal there, but when it broke the rig unloaded and fell back into the wall.

This is gonna be a lot of fun to fix.

IMG_20140510_184804487_zpsekg0e9ey.jpg

Folded like taco......the myth is real.

Bummer about the scattered tools.............

thats a memory. you will never forget that trip. I hate losing trail tools. sounds like a great campfire story.

Not trail tools, those were in the car. This was the contents of my roll-away, packed into a pair of large convas bags and stashed in my tow rig 'just in case'.

:doh:

I'm stil trying to figure out how breaking a shaft on the wrecking ball waterfall causes one to roll :confused1

Nobody ever said anything about rolling? Stop being an ass. ;)

I'll stop being an ass the day you learn to drive...... :anon:

Not trail tools, those were in the car. This was the contents of my roll-away, packed into a pair of large convas bags and stashed in my tow rig 'just in case'.

Oh Fruck . tools are so important to us, thats devastating. I flipped out and was depressed for a few months when someone stole my trail tools. If My two big snap on roll arounds disappeared then I would have to drink 18 coors lights a night for 30 days to wash away that messed up memory of that expensive pile of metal. I can only imagine your situation.

Losing my tools was more demotivating than I thought it would be. We race in two weeks and I hadn't touched the car yet.

Went down to dinner with several of the San Diego Naxja guys last night. Came home with enough tools and Craftsman gift cards to repopulate the majority of what we need. There are going to be a lot of last minute HF/Napa runs for specialty tools that I can't remember we need until we suddenly do, but things are looking great!

Thanks you guys for being totally awesome!

should've told me you were coming, I'd have chipped in something. epic fail ;)

You're welcome! You can use that pass through set I got ya as a regular set this weekend. Save weight/no need for deeps. I made sure it had just about socket I've ever used on my XJ and not too many useless extra crap that can come with sets.

should've told me you were coming, I'd have chipped in something. epic fail ;)

nobody wants anything from you.....especially advice :anon:

Losing my tools was more demotivating than I thought it would be. We race in two weeks and I hadn't touched the car yet.

Went down to dinner with several of the San Diego Naxja guys last night. Came home with enough tools and Craftsman gift cards to repopulate the majority of what we need. There are going to be a lot of last minute HF/Napa runs for specialty tools that I can't remember we need until we suddenly do, but things are looking great!

Thanks you guys for being totally awesome!

:repair: :repair: :repair: :repair:

get on it now!

Back