• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&T Y-link set up?

ok jackass like i tell all of you dumbasses on here go ahead and spend all of this time and money trying to up grade a pile of shit 30 all you want to it will work for you with your 35's on a snow covered road or a fire trail but in the real world of wheeling it will never make it! why dont you post your sucsess storys on pirate4x4.com and see how many people laugh you off the site! so continue your urban wheeling and hangout with all your city boy fag buddies and let the real wheelers give you all something to dream about!! the end.
IslanderXJ said:

mud4x4lover said:
ok jackass like i tell all of you dumbasses on here go ahead and spend all of this time and money trying to up grade a pile of shit 30 all you want to it will work for you with your 35's .... blah... blah... I'm a web wheeler... blah... blah
Why don't you chill out and show us a pick of that great steering setup you have to have going to clear and turn those 35s, lol!! Go ahead, and don't come back till you do.
Does it look like this?
new_ntaxl005.jpg

How about like this?
xj0330.jpg

I know of several people who wheel semi hardcore with a D30. I used to wheel my Yj with stock D30(no alloy shafts), 34" ltb's, front lunchbox locker. Semi-hardcore rockcrawling all the time, and never a problem with the axle, changed it because of cheap u-joints, and whimpy u-bolts kept breaking. This is not fairytale, this is fact. If I had money to choose D44 or D30, I would definitely go with the D44. But it doesn't always work out that way.

heres one numb nuts
jeep3.jpg
IslanderXJ said:
Why don't you chill out and show us a pick of that great steering setup you have to have going to clear and turn those 35s, lol!! Go ahead, and don't come back till you do.
Does it look like this?
new_ntaxl005.jpg

How about like this?
xj0330.jpg

mud4x4lover said:
anyone who wheels knows that 30's will never hold up to 35's end of story!!

I'll put my dana 30 with 35's up against your rig any day of the week.

Well, any weekend.. during the week I have more to do than sit on the internet and listen to 16 year olds from the 707 whine.

Come down to Johnson Valley for St Patty's. We'll have dozens of xj's on dana 30's with 35's on the trail and not breaking. Or this summer we can meet at Loone and run the rubicon up and back again, me on my dana 30. Put your axle where your font is.

sounds good ill meet you at loon lake on memorial weekend! send me your number and we will make it happen. :patriot:
cal said:
I'll put my dana 30 with 35's up against your rig any day of the week.

Well, any weekend.. during the week I have more to do than sit on the internet and listen to 16 year olds from the 707 whine.

Come down to Johnson Valley for St Patty's. We'll have dozens of xj's on dana 30's with 35's on the trail and not breaking. Or this summer we can meet at Loone and run the rubicon up and back again, me on my dana 30. Put your axle where your font is.

Memorial weekend may be a no-go (because of work) but thats definatly a possibility. :) PM me here when the time gets closer.

Well I didnt mean for this post to be a pissing contest. I know what I want to do with my axle's to run 35" tires. I was just wanting opinion's on leaf spring's to run with the Y-link setup I was wanting to do. Thanks to everybody input so far.

you are in Germany, shipping on american springs would be killer. Id build a set of bastard packs from local junk yards there......... search for bastard pack here and tons of info will come your way

I ran 6.5 on a dd with 35's for almost a year, and i loved it i also had the tnt ylink setup and I think its very well manered on the road for such a big rig

Super D said:
Well I didnt mean for this post to be a pissing contest. I know what I want to do with my axle's to run 35" tires. I was just wanting opinion's on leaf spring's to run with the Y-link setup I was wanting to do. Thanks to everybody input so far.

Back to the topic. ;)

7.5" is too tall for 35's I think, but RE 5.5" springs with a TNT or other 1.5-2" boomarang shackles would serve you very well.

6.5", 35" MT/R's. Using RE 5.5" rear leafs with a 1" TNT boomarang shackle and RE anti-wrap spring perches on a dana 44. If I could do it all over again, I'd have run a 4.5" spring and 1" shackle for a total of 5.5" of lift.

dsc00019.jpg

2006-01-17_043.jpg

i know alot of people running 35's and the d30. however, there arnt many rocks here in michigan. with my driving style my 30 doesn't even stand up to my 32's and a lunchbox. with the right driving style you can wheel a d30 and 35's but dont get to crazy with the skinny pedal. as soon as the wheel starts slipping and then grabs at 4000rpm its all over.

That hasn't been a problem for me, but then, I'm running quality 30 spline shafts with CTM's. I'm confident I won't have a problem, enough so that I carry only a spare outer shaft. I don't plan on getting fast wheelspin going on the rocks, but I have no problem doing so in the sand, snow or mud.

xjnation said:
you are in Germany, shipping on american springs would be killer. Id build a set of bastard packs from local junk yards there......... search for bastard pack here and tons of info will come your way

Not really, I am in the Army so I would just find a dealer to mial the kit via the U.S.P.S or find a dealer that ships a kit for free to my father and have him break it down and mail it to me. I have an american zip code but its just hard somrtimes to find pepole to ship to an A.P.O. thats it.

Back