• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake trip July 26-28 2013

The highest speed towing I'd ever been involved in! :looney:

Swamp Lake was a very fun trip. I wish I could go again this year.

David Bricker / SYR

The highest speed towing I'd ever been involved in! :looney:

To get to the trailer was slow and painful.

Getting home, that FJ80 was so heavy.....it exceeded my trailer limits in weight and was a nightmare to handle.

To get to the trailer was slow and painful.

Getting home, that FJ80 was so heavy.....it exceeded my trailer limits in weight and was a nightmare to handle.

That was a long day for me and my family, but it was much longer for you guys. Wish I could have done more to help.

Wonder if I could swing a day off?

That was a long day for me and my family, but it was much longer for you guys. Wish I could have done more to help.

You know, it was a long day but it was an awesome trip. We were all together laughing our way through the issues and it was fine. That trip rocked!

It was a real long day for me since if I drove over 54 mph my Jeep wanted to wobble. As usual I got home, put the tow back to zero, and all was fine.

Oh yeah, the completely blown shocks were also rather annoying.
Swamp+Lake+2012+-+273.jpg

Hmmm... haven't done Swamp in a couple years. Wonder if my little rig can make it through.

they'll be a couple of interesting spots....maybe some rock stacking and maybe a tug here or there.

You know, it was a long day but it was an awesome trip. We were all together laughing our way through the issues and it was fine. That trip rocked!

Yeah, I was really laughing changing a 37" tire, in the dark, on I-5 on the downhill side of the Grapevine, with no safety lane! Of course, this was after trying to back a trailer up I-5 to get back to the Jeep.

I may just have to dig out some pics, to entice folks for this trip. Good times, indeed.

David Bricker / SYR

Last edited:
Better?

I say different.

KMA

Yeah, it's different. Higher elevations, greener, wetter, more vegetation, more trees, more lakes, more streams, more great views, etc. Yeah, it's different. :D

Re: Re: Swamp Lake trip July 26-28 2013

Yeah, it's different. Higher elevations, greener, wetter, more vegetation, more trees, more lakes, more streams, more great views, etc. Yeah, it's different. :D

Dick you can kiss my ass, too.;)

Back