• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake 2014

Trying to get my rig ready, but some jerk scheduled trail maintenance between now and then.

That's your shakedown run.

Hey? You feel that? It seems like you're coming down with the 72-hour flu.

I'm planning on being there. All I have left to do is put the front axle in, plumb the ARB, mount the CO2 bottle, change motor mounts..... You know, the usual stuff to do the night before.

I expect about 8 rigs in on Friday, 4 on Thursday and 2 in on Monday. I'm just trying to get a handle on it and not have anyone get left behind.

I'm thinking of taking the week off. Anyone else besides myself and Souske traveling from the SD area?

Gonna be able to test drive my rig today after installing two new-to-me axles. Barring any unforeseen problems, I should be good to go.

Is the thursday night camping at Dinkey Creek at the campground? It looks like you need to reserve a spot. ??

Thanks,
Mark

Is the thursday night camping at Dinkey Creek at the campground? It looks like you need to reserve a spot. ??

Thanks,
Mark

No res needed. We are not in the Dinkey Creek campground. We are in an open camping area where we will be parking tow rigs.

Looks like the route takes us right through Bakersfield. When are you guys leaving Bakersfield?

No res needed. We are not in the Dinkey Creek campground. We are in an open camping area where we will be parking tow rigs.

Won't be able to have a campfire if not in the campground. Same goes for the Swamp Lake trail, campfire restrictions started June 25th.

One of our guys brought one of these on our last trail clearing project. We all sat around it just like a campfire, kept the chill off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Campfire-In...H_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2592fa94ce&vxp=mtr

Last edited:
Thank you for following the campfire restrictions, if a wildfire ever started from one of our trails when campfires aren't allowed it sure wouldn't look good for the 4 wheeling community.

Back