• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension thoughts

NorCalChris

NAXJA Forum User
Currently using rough country drop brackets and adjustable control arms. I'm thinking of buying a Full Traction four link or the Poly Performance long arms. Which would you prefer for desert use? I've considered keeping the DBs and buying the currie stiffener plus a different brand control arms also. Not sure which way I want to go here. I've always thought of short arms as being more stable.

depends how much travel you have. 10" or less stay with the short arms. More, I'd go longarms, either kit works fine. the Full Traction kit is very bolt in, the Poly kit has a little better clearance on teh rocks.

I run rock krawlers 4 link and i couldnt be happier. Does well everywhere ive been. Bolts in well. Im in az. We ahve a good bit of desert out here and a few rocks. I also know that cal^^^^ runs full traction on the naxja/petty cash car and it does very well. Id say go to long arms. Leaves options open later.

Our crew is all running the iro long arm and are fairly happy with it. One of the guys bought the kit with 2 single arms and made his own third upper for a true 3 link. It seems to work well so far.

Back