• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suddenly it's winter

tchase

NAXJA Forum User
First off I have to say it's nice to be back online after three days away. Anyway I imagine a few of you from New England may know what's going on up here but here it is for the rest of you.
As of last thursday we hadn't even seen a trace of snow, not a flake. So thursday they start forcasting some snow. We pulled the '89 into the shop and got the winter tires and new winter rims on it, then pulled the '91 in to start getting that ready to go back on the road. So they're forcasting 6"-8" of snow on friday and we wake up friday morning to about six inches and it's still coming down hard, no big deal. But it doesn't stop. Snows for 36 hours straight! Here at the house we got about foot and a half but ome places around here got over 3 feet! The snow was very wet and heavy and stuck to everything. Flattened huge areas of trees and toppled dozens of those big steel power transmission towers. So we lost our power for two days and there are currently still over 50,000 homes with no power. I was in the middle of welding in new rockers on the '91 so with no power that never got done and now the shop is full of snow removal equipment. But hey, at least we got one jeep ready and it worked great (aside from the usual hassles of getting the 242 to shift properly). Good thing too since we need 4wd to get in and out of the driveway because the plows are so busy we aren't plowed out yet.
Anyway it was a big shock to everyone around here, hopefully we get a few days to clean up before we get any more.
Tony

Yea, I know it's on the way, taking advantage and doing the 'oil change shuffle' on the home vehicles today and tomorrow as the kids roll in. Adding winter air, lubing the hinges, catches and whatnot, winter blades, swapping out the zipper door windows on the TJ's for the winter sliders.
Just finished removing, cleaning and reinstalling all the relays and sockets in my 98XJ and re-dielectric greasing them like I do every year. Might swap in the new Sylvania H4 bulbs, the old ones have been in there two years + now, better than having to freeze my butt off when they decide to die during a blizzard at 20 below w/50mph winds....IN THE DARK.... LOL [they never go in nice weather do they].
Thats about all I can think of off hand...

yeah, in the Bay Area, there was snow in my town once (about 3 years before i was born).

Now im in Nebraska, and everyone makes fun of me.

all i say to them is - "ill pull you out with my jeep - just call me"

Back