• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stomper

I'll give you a ring, Ryan - much thanks. I still need to limp over to a Pioneer sand and gravel and get a weight, but that's only a couple miles so I'm not too worried about it...

I managed to get my certified weight this AM -- 6420 lbs! What a fat pig!

Unfortunately, it stopped running so well about 1/2 way back, and stopped running at all about 3/4 of a mile from my house... thank goodness for AAA...

Ugh. Getting '97 XJ related PTSD just from reading about your frustrations Chris...... :banghead:

a touch frustrating... at least we're only expecting 2" of snow tonight... jeep and subi should be able to handle it!

no, plenty of fuel, seemingly -- it was a flatbed tow, he had no issues. Thanks for the effort, though, Joe!

picked up a plow over the weekend -- 7.5' Meyer ST-90... power up, power down. Manual side to side. Should fit the bill and is in pretty great shape. Now for some face-up welding to get the brackets adjusted to the stomper (came off an '86 ford, which apparently has MUCH wider frame rails), and get a generic winch mount to fab up to maintain the PTO when the plow isn't in use...
PB200252.jpg

Maybe you should junk your blue oval lovleness and put the plow on the wj wait put it on Shiela suburu thats the only good vehicle you own

something is retarded for sure...

Reviving this thread from the dead as I plan to awake Stomper from its slumber... I am going to be de-toothing it a bit, as I plan to sell of the most desireable parts and shrink it down to a usable farm truck setup -- will be selling the axles as a set: HP D60 Kingpin front, D70 rear, both detroit locked, 5.13 gearing, could include the new rock ram as well... killer 1-tons for a jeep project, and replacing them with something geared lower, less ambitious as its rock crawling days are past. Might swap the granny-SM465 for a C6, we'll see.

Hoping to tow it out of the trees in the next couple of weeks.

PM me your price! :D D70 is disc brake too, BTW.

As I am searching for replacement axles for you still (since everything I want keeps turning out to be sold a minute before I message them), I re read your thread....
In your first post you list it having 4.88s and now 5.13s, did you change them or which one of the two is the correct ratio?

I'm 99.9% sure the first post is incorrect... I'll take a looksie and confirm, but they are 5.13.

I texted you - 4.88.

Revisited again... I've at long last decided that Stomper is worth less than the sum of its parts... parting out will begin shortly.

I can spend hours, days, weeks working on it and it still won't be worth the parts that are in it, nor do I really need the beast. The clean up of yard art is including stomper.

Back