• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stolen Power Cord Lynnwood

Sideshow

NAXJA Forum User
Some crackhead stole the power-cord to my RV two nights ago. If you see anyone selling 35ft of 50 AMP 125/250V cable with a yellow female 50amp boat-style shore power connection, please pass it along.

I've been checking craigslist regularly and I assume it's on the way to metal salvage. Can you recycle perfectly good cable without raising any red flags? This shit is $6-$10 per foot not including the marine connectors.

This shit is getting bad in my neighborhood. Two cars within the last 6 months have been broken into and the neighbors have reported prowlers regularly. Seriously this is B-shit, I work hard for my shit. Anyone in the Biz have any recommendations as to security cameras and so on...

.40 S&W or 45ACP. Not being serious here. Our judicial system needs a serious overhaul. Judges have become to lenient.:passgas:

Last edited:
.40 S&W or 45ACP. Not being serious here. Our judicial system needs a serious overhaul. Judges have become to lenient.:passgas:

I agree!!! With the camera's I sell them. It just depends on what you want to spend. Please keep in mind that in this case you get what you pay for. So if your looking for a camera to see faces at night from 25 yards away you are looking at a couple $ to get a camera that will do that. So please don't waist your money on cheap camera's there not worth it.

I agree!!! With the camera's I sell them. It just depends on what you want to spend. Please keep in mind that in this case you get what you pay for. So if your looking for a camera to see faces at night from 25 yards away you are looking at a couple $ to get a camera that will do that. So please don't waist your money on cheap camera's there not worth it.

My driveway is approximately 35' X 30' and it's illuminated by a streetlight. I would like to to be able to read license plates at 40-50ft at night, partially illuminated by a streetlight. Assuming there is recording software I can install on my Mac. If this is a good plan, can you recommend a camera that I can hook directly to my computer? I've seen those standalone DVR security systems but I don't want another system to maintain. I would probably need 50-75ft of cable to get to my computer.

What part of lynnwood you in? I'm just off 164th behind wallmart. A year ago I ha
D my xj broken into in my drive way. They took my tools faceplqte to my radio my coat and my ammo can full of ammo. Wtf they took my faceplate and coat

What part of lynnwood you in? I'm just off 164th behind wallmart. A year ago I ha
D my xj broken into in my drive way. They took my tools faceplqte to my radio my coat and my ammo can full of ammo. Wtf they took my faceplate and coat

Im not too far from you. I'm off of 148th, several blocks west of Safeway. That sucks about your shit too.

Yeah with the way things are now days it is just getting worse. As far as raising flags with good cable if it was copper witch I'm sure it was then all they have to do is strip the coating off and then they take in the bare copper wire and they will get around $4 a pound for it.

Cams are a good thing to have put in and make sure they can be seen and that it is known that you have them up and that will keep them from messing with your stuff. We have four of them installed here so I have a 360 degree view of our place and have no problem but then right next door things get broke in to. I know you might think of wanting to hide them so you can try to catch someone doing something but good chance even with video the cops would still have to find them before they can bust them, better to just have it known that they are up so you don't have to go through this kind of crap again.

Sorry for what happen to you man I hope you are able to get things set up to keep this from happening again in the future. We all work to hard for what we have to have some low life come along and take it from us.

CJ

I feel your pain, the break into my XJ a couple of years ago made the choice to put in CCTV and a PVR neccesity out in the boonies. I picked up the Q-See 4 camera from costco for 300 and up graded the camera with the longest viewing distance later. The big add on was the IR illuminator panel It covers the drive way and front yard with infrared light and the camera can see faces at 75ft, and license plates at 100ft. I cant realy on the local sherrif to get there anytime soon, so the .45 keeps the rif raf at bay if they decide to enter the property at night.

As for the cord, Platt can hook you up with some Kellems grips you can put on the cable befor the connectors, it wont keep them from stealing the cable if they cut it buy you can cable lock both ends and make it difficult, or at least give you a chance to put a .45 in their face.

Thanks guys, good info on the cctv kit and Kellem grips, that's what I will do. I will order some more cable and secure the connection inside my locked garage instead of on the exterior. Hopefully they will think about cutting the 220V cable next time they try to steal it.

That's crazy. Who would look at a power cord and think "Hey, I can steal that and make a few bucks!"

Sorry to hear your neighborhood is having theft issues, Rich. Looks like you need to move my direction a smidgen, I've been very fortunate to not have any theft issues.

open the front door, put a bowl of candy about 5 feet inside your house and wait with a gun. We live in a Castle state which means you dont need a reason other then the perp being in your house to shoot, and all criminals like candy....lol

Seriously though, cameras are great if you can afford them. Lights are a huge deterant as well so some motion sensor lights may be something to install as well.

My driveway is approximately 35' X 30' and it's illuminated by a streetlight. I would like to to be able to read license plates at 40-50ft at night, partially illuminated by a streetlight. Assuming there is recording software I can install on my Mac. If this is a good plan, can you recommend a camera that I can hook directly to my computer? I've seen those standalone DVR security systems but I don't want another system to maintain. I would probably need 50-75ft of cable to get to my computer.
Sorry I haven't got back to you. I will work on it Monday when I get to work. Between work and getting ready for the hypo run I have been real busy. Sorry about that you will see something Monday.

You lynwood guys need to move to woodland!!!!! There is no crime, and you live way closer to merwin tap

I would love to live further out but my wife works in downtown Seattle and I work in Everett. This way we get to see each other in the evenings.

Sorry I haven't got back to you. I will work on it Monday when I get to work. Between work and getting ready for the hypo run I have been real busy. Sorry about that you will see something Monday.

No worries, you dont owe me anything but I would appreciate your expertise.

That's crazy. Who would look at a power cord and think "Hey, I can steal that and make a few bucks!"

Sorry to hear your neighborhood is having theft issues, Rich. Looks like you need to move my direction a smidgen, I've been very fortunate to not have any theft issues.

I know, it's worth maybe $40 at the scrapper with a ton of work to get all that insulation off. I think it all comes down to luck with thieves, and opportunity. Ill put the cord back but it will just be really obvious when the power is disconnected now. Mr Thief, meet Harley

IMG_0048.jpg

Back