• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stolen: 1999 Blue Jeep Cherokee

Starboard M

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Stolen last night sometime, 10/22/12 from Denver. I live around Broadway and Alameda.

1999 Jeep Cherokee
California Plate #: 5SFH094
Light blue
"Clear Corners"
Hella 500s on the front bumper
Has a 2'' OME lift and Rubicon wheels.
Replaced the tires with some BFG AT/KOs.

Some older pictures, not much has changed.
107aa.jpg

Picture185a.jpg

004.jpg

P1010610.jpg

Please keep your eyes out for it. Give me a call if you see it.Or call the police.

Matt

Last edited:
That sucks. Had mine stolen from the same area a year and a half ago. It was found and impounded, before I even knew it was gone. Hope they find it for you. I always thought that was one of the cleanest looking Jeeps around.

:flamemad:

Best of luck!

Damn that sucks. I dont know what I would do if I woke up in the morning and my Jeep wasnt there. This past week I found out how easy it really is to break into one, locked my keys inside twice over the last couple of days. Takes a few seconds if you know what you are doing. Makes me consider installing an alarm, though I despise the noise they make, it should awake me from my coma if someone were screwing around with the rig at night, as well as everyone else in the neighborhood. I used to have an old CJ-7 that I installed a switch to turn on or off the fuel pump when I went electric, I might consider doing something like that again. Anyways, I'll keep my eyes posted, see cherokees everywhere. And good luck!

Thanks for the complements on Jeep guys. I tried to make it as stock looking as possible, like Jeep should have done from the factory.

What makes things interesting is there was a stock '97+ XJ and 99+ WJ with a window held up by household door shims only a couple cars behind mine and they were not touched. Either I got "lucky," or someone knew what was on my Jeep?

Ive never broken into a late model, but I used to be able to get into my '89 in just a couple minutes. I doubt the later models are much different. No glass was on the street, so they either duct taped the window, or popped the door locks.

I do have a motorcycle, and I had a nice ride to work today, but with the weather turning, I need to figure something out. ****KKKK!

my truck got stolen a while back and still hasnt been recovered. it was sitting right behind my neighbors 06ish f250 ccsb 4wd lifter 35's etc one of those eye candy trucks
mine was a 98 dodge excab long bed dually 2wd.....mine gets stolen...some one must have known what was done to mine......
i feel your pain man...sorry

I posted in someone else's stolen XJ thread with this as well........ The crooks take the vehicles for one of 2 reasons. For the sake of stealing it, or with the intent to use it in another specific crime where they need an SUV.

They look for them to have aftermarket bumpers and/or trailer hitch - something they can mount a chain or strap to. They use them to either do "smash and grab" burglaries where they bash their way into the store front using the vehicle, or they loop a strap around the door handles to yank the doors. Also big on using them to do those mini-ATM thefts. They smash into a convenience store, strap up to the ATM and drag it out of the building, then load it into the back.

One of our former members had his built rig snatched from an apartment complex and used in an attempted ATM theft...... He said the same thing - there were other stock XJ's around, but they took his..... I imagine it was because of the bumpers, winch and recovery gear in the back. He posted this link to pics of the aftermath: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10256004@N08/sets/72157627314316863/

Hopefully yours is just a thrill ride theft and it'll be found abandoned at a mall or in a neighborhood real soon.

Last edited:
Bring back memories, my first and second XJs had been stolen, then recovered by the denver PD, bought them at auction.

Drove the first one, an 88 laredo with the upcountry and 242 for quite awhile with a busted up column before fixing it.

Drove the second one, an 89 limited with 84k on it(in 99) for quite some time. It had been stolen in dec of 94 and recovered jan 25 95, apparently it had been in a police chase because it had been t-boned on the right side, tires shot out or spike stripped, and shot at/out of a bunch.

I counted 36 bullet holes total.....including front windshield holes and missing glass. There was even a bullet hole through the passenger seatbelt........right about where it cross the heart area of my torso.

Jeep was held as homicide evidence for 5 years before I bought it at auction. It was a good jeep. On the impound history is even listed "Reason for impound: Homicide"

I found the needle nose pliers someone used to steal it on the passenger floor, I still have them in my toolbox.

They found it!

Found it just off 6th and Federal. Imagine that....

They broke the drivers side rear door wing window, punched the ignition, and looks like they took it "wheeling" though some mud.

Couple of interesting things. They took my AEM intake tube and aircleaner, but left the heat sheild. Stole my Northface jacket, but left all the tools I had under the rear seat. Blew one or two speakers, but stock stereo is all there.

I just had the oil changed about a week ago, and its now 1-2 qts low, and extremely low on coolant. Looks like they put about 200 miles on it, burned about a half tank of gas. Front axle has a lot of oil all over it. However, its running at normal pressure, not overheating, and seems to have normal power.

Also has a slight shimmy around 25 mph. Not sure if thats a simple wheel out of balance or something worse.

Also got a mens bright purple tie out of the deal that the dipshit left in the car, and a eye glasses cleaner. If you see a short douche missing a purple tie, let me know. :phone:

Will call the insurance on Monday to see where we go from here.

I posted in someone else's stolen XJ thread with this as well........ The crooks take the vehicles for one of 2 reasons. For the sake of stealing it, or with the intent to use it in another specific crime where they need an SUV.

They look for them to have aftermarket bumpers and/or trailer hitch - something they can mount a chain or strap to. They use them to either do "smash and grab" burglaries where they bash their way into the store front using the vehicle, or they loop a strap around the door handles to yank the doors. Also big on using them to do those mini-ATM thefts. They smash into a convenience store, strap up to the ATM and drag it out of the building, then load it into the back.

I know you're a LEO , But how lucrative do you think it would be to post my XJ up in Craigslist for rental while I'm not using it ???

If you see a short douche missing a purple tie, let me know. :phone:.

Had to be Flores....... :gag: :D

Glad to hear you got the XJ back! Lemme know if you buy it back - if insurance totals it. I have a column with key and that glass. :thumbup:

wtf, a purple tie? what the hell are kids wearing these days?

Glad it was found. Same exact way they had broken into mine.

Back