• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Still got shi$$y brakes... lol

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Everything I've read says a failed or failing brake booster would make for a hard to press pedal but I haven't had that with any of the 3 master cylinders I've tried ranging from stock 1 inch to 1.25 . So I haven't thought much about the booster and it's pretty much just said to be there to make pushing the pedal easier but then I did read one or two places that says it increases line pressure but most information just says it's there to .ske pushing the brake pedal easier... Anywho the booster is the only 24 Year old part in the system so I ordered a new to swap in . I can't stop on steep obstacles ot even likes to roll through the brakes in neutral and forget it if it's in gear on the slightest hill it will walk right through the brakes. I don't see any leaks pressure holds at the master with the power bleeder so I don't assume any leaks from master to calipers . It's got fancy brakes but still no stoppy... hopefully I've misunderstood the effects of the booster and it is the fix because I hate doing work that goes nowhere on my days off .

Back