• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring under.

Will_Beck

NAXJA Forum User
Got offered a pretty god deal on a set of 62" deavers that were set up for a spring under.

Not sure on the model #, but is this worth looking into, or is it just going to be one of those headaches that involves more work that I want to get into? I know I'll have to flip the spring perches.

I'm not going to be racing, and I don't really want to go through the floor with the shocks. I'm running Bilstein 5160's with the Cherokee specific calving for 4" of lift. Will be running Deaver's jeep speed coils up front, and 5160s as well. Trying to keep the jeep a capable rig, still comfortable driving on the street, but can pick up some speed in the whoops. Any advice regarding an xj and spring under.

Thanks!

you will also have to fab up new leaf spring mounts to the xj body since the 62" springs wont fit in the stock xj location. you would need at the very least a shackle relocation box as the stock location probably wont line up with the springs correctly. i think you'd want an extended shackle as well because those leafs arent going to get nearly as much travel running the stock short shackles.

If you have no plans of going through the floor with shocks, then I would absolutely pass. You'll need to fab new spring hangers, shackle hangers, and do quite a bit of cycling to get them right, just to obtain the same 10-12" you'll get by staying under the body. Buy an off the shelf spring over from Deaver if you can afford it, look this weekend at the swap meet. Also consider Alcan, BigOffRoad can get you a set of Alcans, and they're good people. DPG Also makes a "TrailGunner" leaf that Tony was happy with. Dirk from DPG uses either Alcan, National, or Deaver for his leafs, but he won't confirm who.

10/4 thanks Jim. Just trying to see if it was even worth considering.

Unfortunately I'll be in Seattle this weekend, so I won't be able to make the swap meet. Tony said he'd keep an eye out for any jeep stuff.

At this point I'm looking for deavers, front/rear, and unibody stiffeners. If you see anything when you're there, shoot me a text if you don't mind.

Last edited:
Got offered a pretty god deal on a set of 62" deavers that were set up for a spring under.

Not sure on the model #, but is this worth looking into, or is it just going to be one of those headaches that involves more work that I want to get into? I know I'll have to flip the spring perches.

I'm not going to be racing, and I don't really want to go through the floor with the shocks. I'm running Bilstein 5160's with the Cherokee specific calving for 4" of lift. Will be running Deaver's jeep speed coils up front, and 5160s as well. Trying to keep the jeep a capable rig, still comfortable driving on the street, but can pick up some speed in the whoops. Any advice regarding an xj and spring under.

Thanks!

They are probably for a toyota. They have a tendency to do a sideways duck walk making a wishbone necessary. It's a lot of work.

Back