• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SPRING CLEAN AT REDBIRD MAY 30th

Re: SPRING CLEAN AT REDBIRD

Appears so.

I'm going to email them and make sure it's a good date for Redbird.

mac 'early this week' gyvr

SPRING CLEAN AT REDBIRD

I can get me rvs in there.

Have to be a bit more careful when wet.

mac 'sad not to be going' gyvr

Emailed the DNR to make sure that the date works.

mac 'will advise when there's a reply' gyvr

5/30 is the official date.

Confirmed with the DNR.

I've asked Byron to be the point man on this due to my absence. I will let him pick the time to meet and if he'd like to meet at Redbird Station or at the main gate. It will be sometime around 9am or 10am. Everyone will need to go through the gate together. I'll post the form that everyone needs to fill out to give to the gate to document our volunteer time.

I don't anticipate a big project at this point, just cleaning up trash. If that changes, I'll let you guys know.

mac 'sad to be missing it' gyvr

Volunteer Service Form

Attached is the volunteer service form.

Print it off and have it filled out when you all go through together as a group at the gate.

Can someone volunteer to print off some extras to bring for those that forget?

mac 'there's always someone' gyvr

Camping will be at Redbird Station. This is a privately owned campground that is funded by donations made by campers. They do NOT have a set fee, just a box for you to put money in. Every bit that is contributed is put back into the campground to provide a nice place for folks to stay while at Redbird. I always give them at least what I would pay at the Badlands campground. They also sell T-shirts and stickers to help fund the place. The MWC made a contribution last year to help pay for concrete to the bathrooms, which are nice.

You do not need a reservation. I will contact them tho to let them know that we are coming. You can contact them on Facebook as they have a page there.

There is electricity, it is a bit limited, bring a 100 ft cord and you should be ok.

Redbird station is located at CR 350N and CR 1550W in Dugger, IN. If you google Redbird station, it will show up in the mapping. The address listed is 3475 N 1550W, Dugger, IN, as I recall it wouldn't go into my GPS like that, can't remember exactly what I had to put in to map it.

So, if you are taking I70 from wherever, to the Brazil exit and coming down SR 59 to SR 54:

PS, these directions were written for me, so you may need to adjust the exit off of I70 or route that you would take if not coming from the east.

54 West towards Dugger. Before you get to town, turn Right (North) on County Road 1500 W. There should be a sign for Redbird SRA. There will be a road that T's in from the left, turn on that road (CR 350 N) and follow it to the campground. You will pass the park entrance before you get to the campground.

OR: You can turn Right (North) on CR 1550 W from SR 54 and take it directly to the campground. I can't advise the condition of that road, or if it is clear enough for your big trailer. Last time I went down it it was rather rough.

Park entrance on the right (red), campground to the left (yellow)

mac 'just in case anyone needs the info' gyvr

And Redbird Station is clear that some folks will be camping there.

mac 'everyone contacted' gyvr

Thanks for posting all the info Mac. Sorry you can't make it this time. I'll run off some extra copies of the volunteer forms in case anyone needs them.

In typical MWC fashion we are a little slow moving in the morning, so if anyone is driving down Saturday it's probably best to look for us at the campground.

I'll be down Friday afternoon or evening.

So ive seen that the Jeep badge of honor app has a couple of trails at redbird. Has anyone run them? I'd love to come down and run one on Friday or sunday if possible

The MWC has adopted Trail 21. The first part of the day is spent cleaning that trail and any work that might need to be done. The rest of the day is up to the group.

mac 'I have a few trail badges' gyvr

You think it's a fun trip when it's cold out...

mac 'wait til the MWC wheel's when its warm' gyvr

^no, the day I had the Barbie jeep up there and brenden farked his jeep up real bad.

0f51d0398e59b10ab8000d08d1a173d3.jpg

mac 'or drunk food' gyvr

My favorite Redbird evening...

I'm really hoping to make this. Work is really busy, but I missed Winterfest, need some quality time with my NAXJA buds.

Back