• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

...sorry...another build thread...

Somehow it always catches me off guard when someone looks at a picture of my jeep and is surprised by whats there.

Just don't see too many xj's running big boy shocks in norcal unless it's a race car like yours. Have you had any cracking issues where that jks adapter mnts?

No. ;)

2011-12-17_15-05-24_578.jpg

2011-12-17_15-37-19_695.jpg

4600 / stock class. Limited to 'factory style' suspension and 2.65" smooth bore shocks, no bypasses, no more than 14" shock travel, attached directly to the axle. No air or hydro bumps, and bumps can not alter more than the last 2" of wheel travel. Nor can you do anything to alter your primary spring rate. (ambiguous rule).

I read that as a factory style coil. But you know, read between the rules and all that.

Goatman is very craft. Primary spring rate is defined as your spring rate at ride height. Our car is 713 pounds sprung weight at each front spring seat. The upper coil is 6" long, 100 inch pound rate. In bind at ride height, so not altering the primary rate. At ~1" of downtravel, it comes into play.

IMG_20140125_102334622_HDR_zpsmsemjjwb.jpg

We run a 4" progressive PAC coil beneath it for 6" of lift.

I love that setup. I can see myself eventually going to a 4" PAC progressive spring with a tender coil, but thats more work , time and money.

Looks good jon. Glad to see you with some serious suspension upgrade happening. Its been a long battle for you. Hopefully you get to enjoy the jeep a bit more with these upgrades.

Last edited:
It actually only took a couple hours and a little welding. Was pretty simple.

damnit. thats too tempting. well once I get some seat time in the new setup ill see how I like it . if it does alright ill leave it alone, if not it needs some tweaking, ill go this route.

it only matters if you're unseating your coils at droop, and then if you're going real fast. gravity isnt fast enough to suck your axle down past the end of the spring when you're hauling ass, so that last bit of suspension becomes useless.

Rear shocks are going through the floor to some tabs off a new spreader

Put weld washers on the trackbar mounts both sides 4 total

Last edited:
make sure your tire isnt going to catch that reservoir or reservoir hose when turning stuffed.

Hbd Jon

Back