• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Chapter Sponsor of Something at 35th Celebration

BTW, how many items are we talking about?

"BTW, how many items are we talking about"...That is the (presumably less than a) milion dollar question. I think we should for sure do something; we have biz cards, we have logo for glasses or bags, we have funds...I won't have ability to transport product, as I am carpooling with 1-2 others in an Amigo. But I can get stuff UPSd to someone in Moab or someone with extra transport space

"BTW, how many items are we talking about"...That is the (presumably less than a) milion dollar question. I think we should for sure do something; we have biz cards, we have logo for glasses or bags, we have funds...I won't have ability to transport product, as I am carpooling with 1-2 others in an Amigo. But I can get stuff UPSd to someone in Moab or someone with extra transport space

I should have extra transport space. :cheers:

BTW, how many items are we talking about?

I have a PM in to MacGyver to try to get a safe guesstimate.

Registrations for Moab were at about 40 several weeks ago.

I have no idea how historic attendance numbers have related to early registrations, but Mac has tried to encourage early(ish) registration by offering up that impact driver prize. Hopefully the numbers have gone up a bit and gotten close to actual since that prize was announced.

I can't imagine we would need more than 100. 50 probably would not be enough. I don't know if 75 would be adequate or not.

If there are extras I imagine they would be good candidates to be bundled in lots of 4 and placed in the raffle. And/or we could place them in the chapter store and let folks (from any chapter) expand their set.

Hmm... that could be a sneaky way to increase store traffic... "Here is one free glass. Come buy three more and you will have a set." Better order 200. ;)

You are much more devious than you try to appear, Tom! :angel::shocked:

Me??

Innocent little me???

:shhh:

I have managed to get some numbers. As of Sept 10 we were at 54 registrations with 3 included members (such as spouses) for a total of 57 registered members. Adding their guests (not "members", such as Varmints) gets us to a total of 95 people.

BOD is looking at placing orders of 150 for swag items.

Again, the idea is that surplus items could end up the store.

I don't know that Varmints need pint glasses, but if they have parents their parents could probably stand an extra drink or three.

If we intend to order anything we should probably get it rolling sooner rather than later. We need it in less than a month.

Just saw this thread. I support the idea of SoCal stepping up with a contribution. But, as Tom points out, time is running very short. So if this is going to happen it needs to happen quickly.

"BTW, how many items are we talking about"...That is the (presumably less than a) million dollar question.

I'm nosy and poking around and saw this thread!

The SEC is doing the spill kits and when I talked to Mac about numbers he was estimating 100, so that is the number of spill kits we are going to assemble and ship out. We are doing 1 spill kit per registered vehicle.

Ok, now we have a number, and that's all well and fine. What is it we plan on doing with that number? The soCal BOD can't approve an unknown.

Tim is working on it, I think. We're in the process of setting up to order SoCal Chapter Pint Glasses, so I'm thinking we'd just switch gears (logos) and get the MOAB ones done first.

Tim is working on it, I think. We're in the process of setting up to order SoCal Chapter Pint Glasses, so I'm thinking we'd just switch gears (logos) and get the MOAB ones done first.

Yes, I'm good to go.

Having them shipped to my house probably isn't exactly the best idea. Any ideas?

Since everybody is raising their hands all at once, and it is looking like I will actually manage to make it to Moab, you could have them shipped to me.

I will PM you details.

Thanks Tom.

ir3FK3tl.jpg

This logo looks much better, as far as the font is concerned.

David Bricker / SYR - PSR

Maybe we ought to just scrap this.

Not now...

What obstacles remain? Am I missing something.

Back