• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snake Bait trail in Ridgecrest CA

Bingo! Tokina 12-24 f/4.0.

I actually had is shipped with next day to Andy's house, so this was the first time playing with it. Overall I would recommend it; tack sharp, nice colors and smooth focus/zoom - I'm still pulling sand out of mine, though! :D

NXJ said:
Bingo! Tokina 12-24 f/4.0.

I actually had is shipped with next day to Andy's house, so this was the first time playing with it. Overall I would recommend it; tack sharp, nice colors and smooth focus/zoom - I'm still pulling sand out of mine, though! :D

It looks like it's working well.

Those are some great pics. That trail looks crazy. Is this trail something you all are working on and if so where can I find some info on the trail work?

Letterman said:
Post up some more photos!!!!!

Please . . .
Where's my URF membership? :flipoff2:

Don't worry, I'm working on it. But Photoshop keeps crashing on me when trying to resize, and Flickr won't let me upload batches anymore. But hey, I think I got a cool one of your wheelstand at the pucker rock!

NXJ said:
Where's my URF membership? :flipoff2:

Don't worry, I'm working on it. But Photoshop keeps crashing on me when trying to resize, and Flickr won't let me upload batches anymore. But hey, I think I got a cool one of your wheelstand at the pucker rock!

This is what I use to resize...
http://www.irfanview.com/

Post more pictures!

I just got off work from a 13+ hour day video taping, I am so frick'in tired it is not even funny, but your photos are just breath taking! I looked over all of them, some of them twice!

You have some shots that are just unreal, I need that lense, or maybe I need your eye!

Great stuff Mr. Viking! :viking:

I want a copy of the photos PLEASE!!!
I will make posters for my house of some of your shots.

Thanks for the props! Personally, I'm pissed off at the hair that is on my sensor and becomes present in a lot of the pics..

Letterman; how big prints can you do with 10.2 mpxl files? A1? Would you be able to swing me some, too?

NXJ said:
I'm pissed off at the hair that is on my sensor and becomes present in a lot of the pics..

Have you locked the mirror up to blow it out ? I have also heard of using a vacuum for a little suck action. Doesn't canon do a free cleaning ?

David Taylor said:
I have also heard of using a vacuum for a little suck action.

:spin1:

Not going to touch that one!

Cannon and Nikon both have a cleaning service for around $100 but that hair should be easy to clean out.

I can make some really big prints with that size of file. I made this will a 5 meg file:

SanminaCloseUp.jpg

Yep, I flipped the mirror and did an inspection - didn't see anything - tried a vacuum cleaner - but the sucker is still there! I'm probably gonna have it sent to Canon for some servicing and calibration, only problem is that it means 4 weeks of down-time..

Damn, that's what I'm talking about! How big is that; 10x30'ish? Maybe we should make some Snakebait billboards and put them up along I-5? :D

Back