• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Silver lake

REWSTER

BACON!
NAXJA Member
I will be heading up to silver lake on the 28th of this month camping at the silver lake camp ground (i think, i know something is reserved) any one in that area want to tell me what kinda family things there is to do and also if someone wants to show me around the dunes that would be cool i will be in the jeep so im looking to do some trails out that way also i have read that there everywhere up there

so what do i need to know?

i will probably buy the orv passes up there my wife has been doing most of the planing, so i am looking for some orv fun to do

Theres not to much to do in silverlake other then riding in the dunes. There is little shops for the wife. And go cart and putt places. If u want scenic u have to drive farther north.

well we just wanted to spend our vacation on some sandy beach but we couldn't afford Hawaii so we are heading up to MI

any one want to go on the dunes

There are some public trails as well. Can't remember what road they are off of but there are jeep tours that go on them. Silverlake kicks ass. I was trying to plan a trip this summer but I'm not sure its going to happen.

Rewster: I was at the dunes on the 1st. Wife and i were up that way camping and made a run over there at the last min. Did not plan on going like i said being i did not have my flag or my flag mount with me, but that's what the speed shop is for i guess so now i have two or each :) Anyway first time off -road since the lift and everything work perfect. will post some pics . looked for XJ's with NAXJA or better yet MID-WEST ones but i did not see any.

i dont have either of the stickers, but did you see a green 3" with a OD green front bummper that was me i have to hunt down my camera before i can get pics up

did make it up test hill on the first try, but second time i had to back down

I did see a green xj down by the beach and think i saw another one. there was alos a built blue one out on Saturday the 2nd. I have a black 2000 with 3.5 abd little 30's I know i need larger tires and have been waiting to get them after this trip they will be coming soon. I made test hill twice. here are a couple of the pics we took that day.

silver lake 08-09 2.jpg silver lake 08-09 3.jpg

here are two more...the wife and i used to take the yj's and cj up there all the time but have not been fro about 4 years. i will shoot you a pm the next time we head up that way.

silver lake 08-09 4.jpg silver lake 08-09.jpg

yea i saw you up there cause me and my wife were wondering what the rack was for in your roof, i guessed canoe or kayak

i found my camera so i will get some pics up later when i get home

a couple pics from the top of test hill

P7230322.jpg

P7230323.jpg

this is one of the times i had to back down test hill
P7220305.jpg

it is not fun backing down that hill

nice sunset
P7220309.jpg

MI is a verry nice looking state

P7220306.jpg

P7230338-1.jpg

P7220307.jpg

P7220301.jpg

P7210262.jpg

P7210261.jpg

P7210266.jpg

P7210257.jpg

P7210256.jpg

our camp sight in all its glorry

P7210236.jpg

P7210237.jpg

my son showing off his jeep

P7210239.jpg

the rainy day had a perfect rainbow

P7210228.jpg

the little Punk ate to much Fun dip

P7230317.jpg

P7230318.jpg

Me and my boy

P7220313.jpg

Wifey and the boy

P7210231.jpg

Ya know how everyone also says to go easy on the skinny pedal?
Well, you have my permission to ignore that advise for the weekend. Air down to 10 or even less, and nail it.:explosion

Was up there last weekend with a half dozen of my Scrambler buds.

Back