• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2015 information

We will be holding the event near Dinky Creek, about 25 miles from the town of Shaver Lake.

Due to the high elevation of this area, approx 9000 feet elevation, the trails are subject to seasonal closures and will only open when clear of all snow. So unfortunately we don't have any set trails for the these days until we know for sure which trails are actually open. Most likely it will include Red Lake/Coyote Lake trails, and Brewer Lake trail for the day runs.

Dinkey Creek is 13 miles from Shaver Lake.

With the light snowpack this year it is very likely all trails will open as scheduled. I was up at Tamarack Ridge today, and there was about 10% snow coverage. The Red Mountain trails and Brewer open June 15th, Swamp and Spanish open July 1st, Dusy Ershim opens August 1st.

I can't make it this year. The drive is too far, (9 hours) and I have no way of getting that time off.

I love working on jeeps for a living... but I guess it means I don't get to wheel. lol

I can't make it this year. The drive is too far, (9 hours) and I have no way of getting that time off.

I love working on jeeps for a living... but I guess it means I don't get to wheel. lol

I'm pretty pleased that I'm closer to SF this year. I towed my broken Jeep 7 hours home from Hermit last year, so I'm looking forward to a shorter drive.

I've got my new long arm kit dialed in and the Jeep drives better than it ever has. New long arms, longer leafs, Bilsteins, new front and rear gears, a front Grizzly and rear ARB lockers, and on board air have been added since last Sierra Fest. Sometimes it's good to break hard...

I've got my new long arm kit dialed in and the Jeep drives better than it ever has. New long arms, longer leafs, Bilsteins, new front and rear gears, a front Grizzly and rear ARB lockers, and on board air have been added since last Sierra Fest. Sometimes it's good to break hard...

Kelly, what brand did you end up going with? I noticed you didnt mention in your thread of what you actually got.

Are you sure they are 6300 leafs? I looked at the 6300 kit and they say they are still the 1462 leafs in that kit.

Are you sure they are 6300 leafs? I looked at the 6300 kit and they say they are still the 1462 leafs in that kit.
The long arm upgrade kit is just that. It's the arms, crossmember and a few misc items. Then he bought the 6300's along with the LA kit. That is what I gather from his post.

The long arm upgrade kit is just that. It's the arms, crossmember and a few misc items. Then he bought the 6300's along with the LA kit. That is what I gather from his post.

That's exactly right. I busted a leaf and went with the longer 6300's and Bilsteins for the rear. Then I upgraded to a long arm kit. Freakin Jeep is a money pit.

Yeh but thats what I was getting at. I searched all over and couldnt find any RE6300 leafs. I went to their website and they only have 1461, 1462, and 1463 leafs. That is why I'm confused.

Hey Bryan: I will be towing my rig up this year and should have room in my truck for a few extra items. I would be happy to bring something up if needed. Also, I would be more than happy to BBQ on Saturday Night. I can bring 2 grills :)

Send me a PM

~Mark

Hmm.....Very tempting.....

Any of you guys willing to carry a cooler and maybe a small bag for me?

Hey Bryan: I will be towing my rig up this year and should have room in my truck for a few extra items. I would be happy to bring something up if needed. Also, I would be more than happy to BBQ on Saturday Night. I can bring 2 grills :)

Send me a PM

~Mark

I believe Eric, Josh, and Jon will be coordinating the dinner and raffle. I'm sure they would appreciate the help. Thanks.

I should have room. :cheers:

Awesome.....just need Jes, Porch puppy, Ben, and Farmtard to come too :wave1:

I now have some wrenching to do..... :repair:

Wives / kids all welcome

Except my wife who has vacation when I leave for 4x4 trips

Back