• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest '07 schedule and directions....Aug 5-12

The wife, kido and I will only be able to make it up on Sat the 11th - 12th, we'll be there for raffle/dinner and for Bald on sunday. We too will be in our pop-up. Is anyone going to be around camp on Saturday? See ya'll there!

oh, when/where do we buy raffle tickets?

Rickady said:
That's funny, I got a gray and black pop up, too. :cheers:

Looks like the wife, kids and I will show up on Saturday (with pop up), I'd like to see where Blue Canyon is on Sunday. I don't think we will go on Dusy this year, maybe we can hang out with anyone else staying behind? Looking forward to meeting you guys.

We'll see you there!

--ron

SharkXJ said:
Me and my buddy Aaron (DSXJ) will be coming up early Thursday morning. Leaving the bay area before 6am. From what I have read you will be coming back from Dusy on that day.

Will there be other folks at the camp ground while you are out?

Lookin forward to this trip...

Revision - We will be coming up Friday Morning. Be at camp by 8?

How long is the Swamp trail?

ill be there in and out...

probably at some point during the week, head back down and work a few hours... then head back up for the 2nd weekend...

SharkXJ said:
Revision - We will be coming up Friday Morning. Be at camp by 8?

How long is the Swamp trail?

Yes.......we'll pull out at 8:30.

Swamp Lake trail is roughly 14 miles. We'll run half of it on Fri and the rest on Sat.

We will arrive early morning on Friday.(For the Swamp run.) Sat. nights cook-out, we will have (3) mouths to feed.
Thanks, Ken

I am in for the Swamp part and for the dinner and raffle on Saturday.

I have some nice $100 KC lights to put in, and am talking to David at Northridge4x4.com to get something for the raffle.

Is it possible to post camp coordinates, just for fun ?

Slonopotam said:
Is it possible to post camp coordinates, just for fun ?

Sure. If somebody has them, post them up. :)

Joe said:
Richard,

When will you be leaving?

Don't know for sure, but most likely between 3-4:00 pm on Thursday.

I packed my jeep up. Got in it, turned the key and no start. I didn't hear the fuel pump prime. I just drove it yesterday. i ran a jumper line from the battery to the fuel pump connector lines and the fuel pump starts. tested the relay and its fine. somewhere i have a short or bad connection :flamemad:

I'm going to try to tear into it and make the swamp lake run but things aren't looking good :tear:

Goatman said:
Bring some firewood

Where do you get firewood in this country ?
I guess chopping the palm under my window is out of the question.

The gas station/shops in Prather, do they work around the clock ?

Thank you,
Andrey

Don't go out of your way to bring fire wood, if you can bring some, do it, but don't worry about it. I don't know how late the station is open in Prather, I've never been through there late enough to see it closed.

BTW, the Texaco station at the top of the hill is closed, for sale, so don't count on it to gas up. Fill up, top off in Prather.

Just in case it's not too late already, but just in case someone is still around that's headed up there today...It looks like I'm out for the Dusy part of this trip:rattle: . I'll still be up there on Thursday for the Swamp Lake and Bald Mountain part of the trip. So, see ya'll on Thursday.

Back