• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter roll call

Where in the Sierra Chapter do you live?

• Total voters
My stocker is a white ex-gov 2 door manual trans. It has a Department of Defense sticker on the windshield. Still need to buy a cat for it and try to get it to pass smog. Then I will finish the Late mode l seat swap and fix the passenger door hinge.

Hi all,

Pollock Pines here, new to the forum and the Jeep life too. I've been wrenching cars and trucks my whole life and finally woke up to realize how f*cking sweet XJ's really are.
I've been doing some shopping with a few good prospects, but no winner yet.
I don't have a specific time frame as to when I want to make the purchase, but I'm hoping a good deal drops in my lap.
Forgot to mention that I is noob when it comes to Jeeps so I'll be looking to you fine folks for help/advice/encouragement.

Last edited:
Welcome 19DCAST and show some picture of your new rig when you get it.

Hi all,

Pollock Pines here, new to the forum and the Jeep life too. I've been wrenching cars and trucks my whole life and finally woke up to realize how f*cking sweet XJ's really are.
I've been doing some shopping with a few good prospects, but no winner yet.
I don't have a specific time frame as to when I want to make the purchase, but I'm hoping a good deal drops in my lap.
Forgot to mention that I is noob when it comes to Jeeps so I'll be looking to you fine folks for help/advice/encouragement.

Welcome Aboard!

Thanks guys! I'll make sure to post plenty of eye candy when I make my purchase. Found a clean 91 Manual with 160k for $2.5k today, downside is that it's in Utah. Also called on a 98 Manny in Redding but they seem set on a higher price than I'm willing to pay. My search continues...

Wow that's pricey for the 91. I've bought an xj for 800 with a Dana 44 rear and tire carrier and a Comanche with 44 rear for 700$. Search on but there are far better deals out there

Wow that's pricey for the 91. I've bought an xj for 800 with a Dana 44 rear and tire carrier and a Comanche with 44 rear for 700$. Search on but there are far better deals out there

i paid 2k for my 91 a year ago. in pretty much the same state that its in now :(

prier to that. there were tons of 500-1000 dollar xj's but now they are getting expensive for no apparent reason. people wanting 3500-5000 they think its a wrangler or something. :moon:

i paid 2k for my 91 a year ago. in pretty much the same state that its in now :(

prier to that. there were tons of 500-1000 dollar xj's but now they are getting expensive for no apparent reason. people wanting 3500-5000 they think its a wrangler or something. :moon:

Yeah, seeing about the same. Loads of really clean XJ's for sale but all wanting way too much. Everything in the under 1K range I've looked at so far have been Junkyard Queens.

For sure, that's why there isn't a rush on my part YET. I figure I'll get the itch sooner than later and just buy something. But hopefully something will find itself going my way soon.

For sure, that's why there isn't a rush on my part YET. I figure I'll get the itch sooner than later and just buy something. But hopefully something will find itself going my way soon.

You will know when the right one comes along. ;)

They're just gettin popular. People are learning that it's a cheap platform to start on and plenty of parts available. Downside is that they are getting old and clean ones rarer. I used to hardly see any in modesto with mods, and now I see them at least every few days.

And yes keep looking, I may have over payed a bit on mine but I'm happy. Low miles (95k) and plenty of upgrades made it easier to pay up.

They're just gettin popular. People are learning that it's a cheap platform to start on and plenty of parts available. Downside is that they are getting old and clean ones rarer. I used to hardly see any in modesto with mods, and now I see them at least every few days.

And yes keep looking, I may have over payed a bit on mine but I'm happy. Low miles (95k) and plenty of upgrades made it easier to pay up.

we probably pass eachother quite a bit, since i live in hughson and go to mjc.

Possibly. White one with tube in the fenders at about 5.5 in of lift. I'll be going back there next spring. Going to take calculus and something else, maybe welding if I can weasel my way in or soil science. Most likely going to go back for a masters now and calculus now will be a lot cheaper there than at a UC or CSU.

Possibly. White one with tube in the fenders at about 5.5 in of lift. I'll be going back there next spring. Going to take calculus and something else, maybe welding if I can weasel my way in or soil science. Most likely going to go back for a masters now and calculus now will be a lot cheaper there than at a UC or CSU.

im in the welding program right now. going for my associates of science. :roll:

Brentwood here ^_^

I guess I am the new guy now. I live in south san jose. Long time jeep lover. First time owner. I have an 88 Laredo . pics will come.

Back