• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show me your jeep! Thread

And hey! I been wanting to re drill it for a while now :\

Wanting to does not count. Its a 10 min job... but this is just wasting valuable NAXJA space at this point. !!!1 And plans for more parts but still no plans for decent tools.

That thing is beautiful. Looks like an awesome DD, and I bet you paid a lot less than 30k for it!
Yep, a lot less than 30K for it. It is beautiful and I almost feel bad putting it to DD duty.

Awesome find.
Thank you, I was rather happy when I saw the condition of it. It has a few things that I haven't seen before in person, like the retractable cargo cover.

Mark.. you suck. I'd love to have another Woody.

Nice grab!!

Haha, thanks John.
Its funny you say that, because I was googling Briarwoods yesterday, and came upon this post on cherokeeforum

OverlandXJ said:
Love the Woody's! I restored and sold one years ago and now regret it.

This looks real clean, lets see some interior shots.

I love these espescially with the smaller lift, stock wheels and overall appearance. Just such a classy ride.

It has a few things that I haven't seen before in person, like the retractable cargo cover.

My first Jeep had the cargo cover, I had no idea how rare they were until after I junked the POS. Wish I had known beforehand so I could have grabbed it first. Oh well :)

I have the cargo cover... I rather like it, when the cargo is small enough that it actually fits under the cover. I've seen a few of them in local junkyards, but only before I realized they were rare. Now that I know I'll be swiping them and putting them in classifieds here at-cost :cheers:

new jeep

16348_335477765720_851665720_9469941_1210651_n.jpg

16348_335477455720_851665720_9469901_3695784_n.jpg

10631_1240711772342_1065746939_746743_3184709_n.jpg

10631_1240711932346_1065746939_746747_4871913_n.jpg

Wanting to does not count. Its a 10 min job... but this is just wasting valuable NAXJA space at this point. !!!1 And plans for more parts but still no plans for decent tools.

Yeah... well I didnt exactly share my to do list totally. First things first is tools. And then I can move all my spare parts and tools into the backyard shed. And that will be my mini 8x8 man cave. I can use my dad's drill bit. The go jeep guide confuses me with using the level to measure out how far over to drill.

'91 Briarwood
Just bought tonight
Owned by the guys dad, who then passed it on to him. Garage kept.
MINT condition (exception of a little spot of rust on lower part of passenger door), with 65,000 miles.

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg
that is a beautiful find. i hope it's staying stock that is a rare example of a briar wood, good luck with it

that is a beautiful find. i hope it's staying stock that is a rare example of a briar wood, good luck with it

Nope, lifting it, triming the fenders, then going to beat the crap out of it offroad.

...Just kidding :D
Ha, thanks. But no, it will not be seeing offroad at all, and it will be staying stock. I'm going to do my best to keep it nice, but I will drive it, as it will become my daily driver. What is the point of having a vehicle, if you can't drive it right?

I am going to try to do a few things to my green Jeep so I can use that in the snow and everything, so that it doesn't have to see too much road salt, but I think its days of sitting idle in a garage have come to and end.

The only modifications I may make would be probably swapping the brake system from my other '99. I figure brakes are a necessary thing in order to keep this free of damage. Maybe some of the amber front turn signals from the european Jeeps like in the picture below.

cherokee_limited_4litr_I6_1989_fr_i.jpg

(by the way, that color scheme above is probably my favorite looking Jeep, I think it looks very European in a good way, despite being American)

Maybe some all red Waggy tails? I'll be doing an upgraded headlight harness when I get a chance, and I'm going to look into doing rear fog lights like the Audi's and Mercedes.

Maybe some all red Waggy tails? I'll be doing an upgraded headlight harness when I get a chance, and I'm going to look into doing rear fog lights like the Audi's and Mercedes.

I mounted these on the spare arm. Look on ebay for the fog light!

SANY0168a.jpg

I mounted these on the spare arm. Look on ebay for the fog light!

SANY0168a.jpg

Thanks. I actually already had a rear fog bookmarked for when I make a bumper for my green Jeep.
http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=4287

But, there actually should be provisions behind here (yellow arrow) for a fog. I have been looking for European Jeep tail lights (actual European ones, not those "Euro" tail lights companies sell), but haven't found much upon my cursory search.
SANY0168a.jpg

I know that I saw the spot for the bulb in Scully's tail light housing when he smashed his at Lobsterfest, as well as I know that the Euro Jeeps had them, I'm just not sure which models had them.

I know this is from a '97+ model. Notice the front and rear fog switches.
EuroRearFogSwitch.jpg

Nope, lifting it, triming the fenders, then going to beat the crap out of it offroad.

...Just kidding :D
Ha, thanks. But no, it will not be seeing offroad at all, and it will be staying stock. I'm going to do my best to keep it nice, but I will drive it, as it will become my daily driver. What is the point of having a vehicle, if you can't drive it right?

I am going to try to do a few things to my green Jeep so I can use that in the snow and everything, so that it doesn't have to see too much road salt, but I think its days of sitting idle in a garage have come to and end.

The only modifications I may make would be probably swapping the brake system from my other '99. I figure brakes are a necessary thing in order to keep this free of damage. Maybe some of the amber front turn signals from the european Jeeps like in the picture below.

cherokee_limited_4litr_I6_1989_fr_i.jpg

(by the way, that color scheme above is probably my favorite looking Jeep, I think it looks very European in a good way, despite being American)

glad to here it's staying stock but you got the right idea with the mods you picked out to make it more drivable, i am excited to see the things you have lined up for it , build thread please

glad to here it's staying stock but you got the right idea with the mods you picked out to make it more drivable, i am excited to see the things you have lined up for it , build thread please

Thanks. Ya I'll definitely get more pics this weekend. I only took those two as I'm sure Colin and I made the guy somewhat unhappy with us crawling under it and through it all for about 2 hours. It was already 11pm when we left, I just wanted to grab a quick picture.

I think the guy felt a little better though after we talked a lot knowing it was going to people who would respect it.

I already planned on starting on it. I probably won't be able to start doing stuff on it until mid December though, I need to focus on the rest of my school semester.

But, there actually should be provisions behind here (yellow arrow) for a fog. I have been looking for European Jeep tail lights (actual European ones, not those "Euro" tail lights companies sell), but haven't found much upon my cursory search.

I might have a source for ya, lemme dig through my email and see if I still have it.

edit: pm incomming..

can you buy that woodgrain somewhere I want it I like how it looks...
Keep a really close eye on the junkyards. It shows up once in a while.

If all else fails, ebay!

Back