• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackles and height

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys

Im looking in to improving my ride by going to a boomerang shackle. right now i have the fabtech 2" shackle and was thinking of going tnt boomerangs. i have an re 3.5" with 2" budget boost running 33x12.50. right now the rear sits a little higher than the front. i would like it to sit even or a hair lower in the back with out compromising wheel travel. Should i run the 1.5" tnt boom shackle or the 1" boom shackle? anyone running these? pics on how the flex? thanx:thumbup:

Running a boomarang shackle will do nothing to improve your ride.

You sound like an excellant canidate for HD Offroad Eng.'s Shackle relocation brackets. A set of these and a set of stock shackles and you'd be set.

HaleYes said:
Running a boomarang shackle will do nothing to improve your ride.

You sound like an excellant canidate for HD Offroad Eng.'s Shackle relocation brackets. A set of these and a set of stock shackles and you'd be set.
wut about height?

98RExj said:
wut about height?

I'm pretty sure they give about 1" of lift. Check the vendors section for more info. JIM.

id like to run the tnt. which height should i get to get it closer to the front or a lil lower but still run my 33's with no issues?

98RExj said:
id like to run the tnt. which height should i get to get it closer to the front or a lil lower but still run my 33's with no issues?

So, are you worried about the ride or do you want flex? You say you wnat a better ride yet you want to run TNT's shackles that do nothing for ride.:dunno:

You gain both with the relocation brackets. It's the best of both worlds.

What's the deal with being dead set on TNT shackles?

the TNT's will work if you are running longer leafs, like a set of deavers. Or something with a longer main leaf

xjjeeper19 said:
the TNT's will work if you are running longer leafs, like a set of deavers. Or something with a longer main leaf
so i cant run them then? :confused:

HaleYes said:
So, are you worried about the ride or do you want flex? You say you wnat a better ride yet you want to run TNT's shackles that do nothing for ride.:dunno:

You gain both with the relocation brackets. It's the best of both worlds.

What's the deal with being dead set on TNT shackles?
i would like to soften up the rear travel a bit because m shackles are straight up hoping the boomergangs will take away the bump shock. Im going with a simpler shackle and nothing to complex for a daily driver/ weekend toy. thanks for the recommendation about that product.

They are trying to say don't worry about the shackle your using because the recommended product is doing what you want the boomerang shackle to do. By moving the top of the shackle forward in it's mount you WILL get a better ride, flex, and alittle lift out of it, all while using the current shackle you have under your jeep right now.

This thread is a good example (same Idea)
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5377164&posted=1#post5377164

Again, a boomarang shackle will not improve ride. The line from hole to hole is the same on a boomarang as it is on any shackle.(one end to the other end) The crook in the boomers is nothing more than a crook to clear the shackle box.

What you want is to get the shackle to lay more horizontal.......to provide a better ride.

You don't happen to be running an AAL do you? If so, that is alot of your problem. AAL's always ride like azz.

Keep your long shackle and relocate your mounting point either make your own drop brackets or buy them (I know someone selling them.....). With the shackle you have at about 40-45 degrees you will gain aprox 3/4-1" of lift and your ride will improve dramaticaly. & using that long shackle you will gain tons of flex.

Also just to be clear boomarang shackles do nothing to improve ride quality they do allow better up travel by avoiding hitting the rear of the shackle box.

Last edited:
Mosephus said:
They are trying to say don't worry about the shackle your using because the recommended product is doing what you want the boomerang shackle to do. By moving the top of the shackle forward in it's mount you WILL get a better ride, flex, and alittle lift out of it, all while using the current shackle you have under your jeep right now.

This thread is a good example (same Idea)
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5377164&posted=1#post5377164
i think ill purchase them.

TNT 1.5" the longest ones they have which are those i think....
i like no complaints...you have to paint them though

Before
my1.jpg

After
IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMAGE_277.jpg

4x4life05 said:
so...what will you be doing with the shackles that are coming off? :cheers:
using as colateral for an axle

Back