• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sgl Mom needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

originalxj

NAXJA Forum User
Some of you may have seen her post on Craigslist.com. Here is the original post - http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/1003759287.html.

She has a 98 ZJ V8 with a Dana 35. In my e-mails with her it sounds like there is both a grinding noise and a vibration in the rear. She has taken it to two places and they both told her it was the Diff. I'm hoping U Joint but I haven't looked at it yet and that wouldn't explain the grinding.

I guess what I'm asking is does anyone know of a ZJ D35 that someone can spare for cheap or nothing. AND who on here would care to help me change it out IF that's the problem. If it's a U joint I can easily handle that. I can handle the Diff as well but thought it would be nice to have help. Plus if you gents remember my last post I stated I was going to start giving back more, well this is a start.

Who's in?

I've seen a few ZJ's at PnP recently. I may be able to help pull it on a Tuesday
dunno.gif

Billy

picknpull on sunrise has at least one.

I have a stock 3.55 D35 out of an 89 XJ with 165K on it. Will it fit? I just drained the gear oil as it is going to the scrap pile next week.

Maybe some of your Cal-4WD buddies can help you, considering this really isn't a club. :(

Unfortunately once again you prove me correct.

It's also unfortunate that I gave her the link to this post and after bragging to her about how it would be easy to get help I guess I spoke too soon.

So you guys gunna let Bryan C. speak for you? Or are you going to help someone who maybe doesn't have the advantages we have?

And yes the ZJ is coil sprung in the rear so it would have to be from a ZJ. Does anyone know if a diff from a TJ would work?

It's also unfortunate that I gave her the link to this post and after bragging to her about how it would be easy to get help I guess I spoke too soon.

So you guys gunna let Bryan C. speak for you? Or are you going to help someone who maybe doesn't have the advantages we have?

And yes the ZJ is coil sprung in the rear so it would have to be from a ZJ. Does anyone know if a diff from a TJ would work?

Hahahahaha!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

So what, are you trying to date this girl or something?

Seems like quite a few people are trying to help, so please don't get you panties in a wad over having your own words thrown back into your face. I find it funny that you bad talk us on our own forum and then come crying to us to help when it suits you.

The only thing that was proved here was that when you needed some help, you came here. And regardless of your sourpuss attitude towards NAXJA as a whole, there are plenty of people who are willing to help you regardless of who you are.

And for the record, a TJ D35 will work, but the upper control arm mounts on the axle are at a different angle. The soloution that the other ZJ guys have done is to use upper control arms with a RE superflex joint or a Johnny joint.

One more piece of advice, wear a condom when she pays you for your help. :roflmao:

Two offers of Free axles wasn't help? ok so maybe they were incorrect application

Seems like he is doing a decent job of it.

Refer to Bryan's post, although I like Letterman's also

Hahahahaha!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

So what, are you trying to date this girl or something?

Seems like quite a few people are trying to help, so please don't get you panties in a wad over having your own words thrown back into your face. I find it funny that you bad talk us on our own forum and then come crying to us to help when it suits you.

The only thing that was proved here was that when you needed some help, you came here. And regardless of your sourpuss attitude towards NAXJA as a whole, there are plenty of people who are willing to help you regardless of who you are.

And for the record, a TJ D35 will work, but the upper control arm mounts on the axle are at a different angle. The soloution that the other ZJ guys have done is to use upper control arms with a RE superflex joint or a Johnny joint.

One more piece of advice, wear a condom when she pays you for your help. :roflmao:

You really are truly an a..hole. I was referring to YOU BRIAN C. No one is coming to YOU crying. I'm simply trying to help someone who needs help. I DON"T NEED ANY HELP, she does. Respond to her directly if you wish. Maybe you should read her post on craigslist.

I won't dignify your other comments with a reply.

You really are truly an a..hole. I was referring to YOU BRIAN C. No one is coming to YOU crying. I'm simply trying to help someone who needs help. I DON"T NEED ANY HELP, she does. Respond to her directly if you wish. Maybe you should read her post on craigslist.

Take your sh*tty attitude out of here buddy. You haven't even gone to inspect the axle yourself to get a better feel for whats going on.
:nono:

Wow, looks like you forgot your sense of humor, someone call a Waambulance.
:rattle:

You're welcome. :)

I was thinking the same thing about my XJ 8.25... then I remembered that ZJs are coil sprung in the rear
emb.gif

Billy

TJ axles would work I think.

How do you know its a d35? You could probably find one of the aluminum d44s pretty easy from www.nagca.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back