• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SEC CraigsList Thread

Are you kidding.... That swap looks pretty rough... Workable but rough. That motor doesn't make much more power than a stroker though

That poor XJ looks like it has lived a hard short life. The motor work looks sloppy at best. It seems salvageable for someone willing to take on the task but IMO the current condition of the work done is not up to par. Probably the first thing I would do is take off that mangled grill guard and those sketchy looking wheels and tires. I bet those were rollers and they threw those on so they could keep a better tire and wheel package that was originally on it.

From my experience seeing older-ish rigs with rather ambitious mods that look poorly done or incomplete but workable, parts that seem like they were replacements to save parts of value, usually means it is a lemon that the previous owner did not have the knowledge or skills to work out the problems. BUT for someone with the tools, knowledge, and skills may see this as a steal and work out the issues for next to nothing.

If I was all about a swap like this I would atleast go take a look and see what issues it has. I would love to see what a Jeep like this would look like cleaned up and fixed! Could be a diamond in the rough in the right hands!

Well the paint looks to be in pretty good shape, and I do like the look of ECCO's with an aggressive tire mounted to them. The mossy oak-ness could be removed and redone with bed liner or something....but the hood and roof rack ruin it.

I did get a laugh out of "the air conditioning could be gassed up..."

Is it also necessary to have 9 aftermarket lights plastered all over the damn thing?

Back