• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seafoam

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
What are your thoughts on it? Used some on a buddies f250 back in the day and it didn't do a thing. My ricer friend said its amazing. He let it sit overnight and had quite the smoke show in the morning.

Should I give it a shot? Worth the $9 bucks a can or whatever it is?

I use it all the time. First time I used it in my current heep, via the brake booster vac line into the intake it had lots o smoke. Since then, very minimal smoke.. typically means its clean-ish. Most of the time I use it in my crankcase before oil changes. Can also use it in your fuel tank, so it has multiple uses.
I also always keep at least 1 qt of MMO in my heep as it can be used for engine, trans, t-case, and I guess top off diff if necessary.

Kevin, I use the spray version on all our small engines when I do a service to them. Seafoam itself cause alot of smoke. I can tell you if you spray it on a greasy part, it will show you how effective it is. I've used it in engines before, through the brake booster hose and just through the gastank. .....I use it on my small engines before servicing the engine I spray it into the carb while running, There is better ways to clean your fuel system. Proper fuel filter change intervals, and taking your Jeep to a shop and having an actual fuel system service completed.

We used it on our 97 XJ when we first bought it because it had a very bad rough idle. The seafoam cleared it up and was an immediate improvement.

Put another bottle in our commuter car and it didn't seem to do anything noticeable.

I am sold on the product. I just bought 2 cases, 24 pints from a local Tractor Supply store and paid $6.49 per can. $8.99 at Wally World.

Thats a lot of Seafoam!! Same prices around here too, we have a smaller chain called Big R that sells it for $6.49. I just buy it as I need it though.

Back