• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SAD STORY

crazymoose1990

NAXJA Forum User
So I lost my mother in-law who I was really close to recently and I am kind of depressed and mad at the world. And today I am standing in line at Starbucks getting annoyed and inpatient because I am late for work and the lady in front of me is just standing there staring like a deer in the headlights not saying anything just frozen. Mean while someone else walks up behind me to get his morning cup of coffie and the lady breaks down in tears. So i am like whooooo lady take your time the guy behind me walks up to give her a hug they know each other some how and they are talking to each other and I cant really hear what there saying nor should I. But to make a long story short her husban was involved in a motorcycle accident at Hollister hills it was a head on collision with a younger rider. Her husband is in ICU and shes unsure if he is going to make it. He is in really bad shape bleeding brain and really bad facial damage. So any way it just made me think about how lucky I am. I have great freinds and family a good community of offroading buddys. and a fiance that I have been with for 12 years. Also makes me realize that our sport can be very dangerous so take care of yourselfs fells. And remember that person standing in front of you maybe having a much worse day that yours.

Thanks for listening to another one of my sob stories. Jason

Last edited:
Thats really awful. Sorry to hear about your loss.

This year has been rough.

I lost my aunt no less than 2 months ago.

Another lesson in patience. Thank you for sharing.

My mother-in-law who lived with us passed away just over a year ago. I feel for you, it hasn't been easy.

Yeah thats true. I have been thinking about that lady all day hoping that things work out for her and her kids. Sorry for loss boatwrench and srmitchell. I just keep telling myself that its better for her its just hard on us we truly are lucky we had an extra 15 years with after she was diagnosed with pancreatic and breast cancer I just need to focus on that.

Last edited:
Damn.

My aunt was diagnosed in june of 09 with an inoperable brain tumor, gone in feburary.

When I was working on sat (kragen) a husband and wife walked in, and they looked just like my aunt and uncle. Almost got choked up for a minute.

Yeah, as for the brain tumor, the wreak at Hollister and pretty much all other things that should not be. I've actually gotten a little more crazy over the years. Back in highschool and when I was younger I use to be more laid back and didn't do as much crazy stuff, although I did more stupid things by far. But atleast for me, seeing people age, friends parents passing away my parents getting old and unfortunate accidents that happen and random acts of violence started to make me think and actually appritiate life more. I feel like I want to live it up because you never know when your time is or how you'll go out. I guess to some people I've actually gotten more immature over the years if you see it that way but like I always tell my girl friend, its a calculated risk. Know what your getting into, have fun and play it safe. I could take my car to open track days and never die in a crash but have a stroke walking to the kitchen. I say enjoy life and know your limits because you never know.

Damm that sucks, I am sorry for your loss.

Alright Sean I have been engaged for 3 but with her for 9 plus I am not getting married because society thinks I should it works for us the way it is. Besides thats not what this whole thing was started for.

hey Moose sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing that life lesson, you never know what other people are going through. when you are having a good or a bad day then something like that hits you right in the head Be thankfull for all that you have even if you think its not enough... and the people in your life tell them you Love them every chance you get because they might know it but it nice to hear anyway God Bless

Yeah thanks Dave. Ive been dwelling on the loss of my mother in law and how it really sucks that shes gone but it only sucks for us shes in a better place.
I have been dwelling on a lot of things that really do not matter lately. I am actually putting a lot of things on the back burner for now including my Jeep it will get put together and the axles covered up in the back yard until I have time to deal with cutting them down. I decided that I have things in my life that are more important. Like school or starting my own business and possibly having kids. The rest to me really does not matter much at this point.

Thanks everyone and see you around Jason

Back