• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rust through lift

gajeepxj

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I own 2 xjs, one is nothing but rust, but great drivetrain. The other is newer, half the parts are missing, drive train sucks. Well, this week end I was installing the RC 4.5 lift, and as I was jacking the forward spring eyelet forward into the torque Box, the eyelet disapeared into the body.
frown.gif
Arg!!!

Ok, I guess it is rotted too. I dont mind wheeling it if you guys say yea, dont worry bout it, that torque box is attached fimly to the uni-frame. Or do I start looking for a new Body?? I really have no money to be spending, maybe in a month I will have about 2 hundred, and can set aside 100 every month after. The lift is on, 4.5 with 2 inch shackles in rear and the 4.5 in the front. If i do need to get a new body, other than craigslist, anyone know of a good place to look cause i will get a 98+ Body instead of my old crap?

But If it is safe to wheel, hell ya I will go radical now. Or should I try and weld new metal, who in ga can do this for me?

i can sorta imagine what happened... but pics are worth a 1000 words sometimes...

I think what he is saying is that the front spring eyelet went up through the top of the spring box because it was rusted out. He's probably questioning the box's strength now.

But pics would still help!

Back