• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Trail in July?

7 am ????

if i end up going it wont be until like 4 or 5pm.
ill be pulling off the roofrack tonight and installing the new 35s as well.
sean if you wanna come over later for the box illl be home from 7pm on.

mike do you still need spare 30 shafts?
i have a driver side with unit bearing attached.
20 bucks?

yah all the 30 shafts i have are stock
i have more lying around but no bearings attached

thats no biggie, i carry that stupid 36mm with me for that reasonlol, my garage got broken into last week while i was outa town, lost a d44, all my spares but one long side inner, my jerry cans and all my steel and my mig. bastards, it you had a driver side inner outer combo and another outer id be thrilled. trac bar is probaly not gonna happen just so i know have cash for con, but what time u headin out? could i still swipe that shroud and just pay ya for it?

thats no biggie, i carry that stupid 36mm with me for that reasonlol, my garage got broken into last week while i was outa town, lost a d44, all my spares but one long side inner, my jerry cans and all my steel and my mig. bastards, it you had a driver side inner outer combo and another outer id be thrilled. trac bar is probaly not gonna happen just so i know have cash for con, but what time u headin out? could i still swipe that shroud and just pay ya for it?

Dude thats terrible im sorry. Doesnt sound like your typical theft though... you think they would go for stuff inside the house not your garage

Well I mean I'm over being angry about it, by garage I mean 10x10 shed with barn doors, all they left was my arc machine bench grinder and the bench but only cause there all bolted down they kicked in a leg. it not attached probaly why they hit it. Thankfuly 99% of my hand tools and such were in my truck with me. There has been alot of tool and 4x4s stolen in my area lately. Guess it's time to ground the latch and hook up my e fence to it, maybe wire the windows too.live and learn is it Friday yet lol

well im hheading to the con, thanks for the spares jon! and remeber your trucks knows when you have the opportunity to wheel and you dont, wouldnt want it to do something bad to you for trail neglect lol

your welcome man!
thats a nice pile of 3 inners and 2 outers from a dana 30!
good luck and i hope you dont need to use them!

89 xj heep im so sorry to hear you lost your box and got stuck.
its one of those things that happens and we all take chances when we run 35's , a locked front, and dont thoroughly brace the inner and outer frame rails around the box. but dont get mad at sean. he would have helped if the information was better.
sean is a really good guy.
hearing some random drunk guy in a yota say that some guy that knows you , and is broken down, on a crazy busy weekend out there, is hard to follow, especially if youre afraid of breaking down and getting stuck all by yourself.
also, if he is low on gas and doesnt know where you are is a little scary on his part as well. i know he himself lost a front shaft.
im just trying to get seans back and say he is a good guy and no hard feelings.
the only recomendation is next time ride up in his group so you are altogether.
and bring some spare steel and invest in an on board welder!

89 xj heep im so sorry to hear you lost your box and got stuck.
its one of those things that happens and we all take chances when we run 35's , a locked front, and dont thoroughly brace the inner and outer frame rails around the box. but dont get mad at sean. he would have helped if the information was better.
sean is a really good guy.
hearing some random drunk guy in a yota say that some guy that knows you , and is broken down, on a crazy busy weekend out there, is hard to follow, especially if youre afraid of breaking down and getting stuck all by yourself.
also, if he is low on gas and doesnt know where you are is a little scary on his part as well. i know he himself lost a front shaft.
im just trying to get seans back and say he is a good guy and no hard feelings.
the only recomendation is next time ride up in his group so you are altogether.
and bring some spare steel and invest in an on board welder!
i wasnt pissed so much at the being broken alone as to what i heard rigs coming out say, true or false, at the moment it was pretty shitty, sean when you go up in two weekends talk to steven culp, he will be doing hte count, same guy as this weekend, he was right next to me when the rigs came through saying this, im not trying to stir shit, just another person that was there, so you atleast know im not exaggerating/crazy.

this guy???
35432_1229107267538_1824794664_439423_1913174_n.jpg

yeah he never said anything on my way out, i even stopped for 10 minutes to chat with him and got a few spill kits since i used all mine helping dude with his Atlas saturday night.

Yea, I wasn't there, but seans a great guy. He has always been there when someones busted down including myself. Role with us a few times and you'll realize that were a family around here. Next time go wit a friend. Come out to sierrafest and you'll see

sean when did you bust a shaft. We left spider not to long after you and didn't catch up to you...? 89 did you guys get out ok with your poping boxes? No breakages on my end

sean when did you bust a shaft. We left spider not to long after you and didn't catch up to you...? 89 did you guys get out ok with your poping boxes? No breakages on my end
oh yea, it was literally better then new when i was done with plating it, but by the time i had gotten it all plated and beefed it was already 6pm, i was already drunk and there was alot of traffic comin out, so i posted up there, ran wentworth in early early am sunday
IMG_0780.jpg
mmmm ready welders sure do get it though it cracked th frame clear across the bottom between the two bolts, and the bottom bolt closest to the rear pulled through the frame before it broke, cracking in all directions, i plated the bottom, on and over hte crack after i welded and ground the actual crack, then just drilled that plate for the bolt and welded her up, i must say i probaly looked pretty gangster wearing 2 pairs of my gfs pink glasses over mine for a mask lol

Last edited:
i broke right after i met up with Ryan and his crew... you were pretty far behind us cause we sat at the bowl for at least an hour then i left, cruised to the bottom and snapped a drivers side ujoint and detroyed the shaft with it...of course it was the side that i did'nt weld thje caps on.

Back