• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express News!!

jeepme

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
TRANSAMERICAN AUTO PARTS ANNOUNCES PURCHASE OF RUBICON EXPRESS
Posted on 05.02.11 by Lance, Filed under Press Releases, and Tagged With: 4wheel parts • rubicon express • tap • transamerican

Leading Off-Road Parts Supplier Continues Growth

May 2, 2011(Compton, CA) – TransAmerican Auto Parts, the nation’s leading retailer and supplier of off-road truck & Jeep accessories, has announced the purchase of Rubicon Express.
President and CEO Greg Adler stated, “This acquisition is a perfect fit for TransAmerican. Rubicon Express is the leader in the Jeep suspension category. Their heritage, founded on the famous Rubicon trails of Northern California, is deep in the hard core suspension performance. Jeep enthusiasts have come to know Rubicon Express as the ultimate system for their vehicles. Our 4Wheel Parts stores and our 4Wheel Drive Hardware business serve these enthusiasts and the Rubicon brand will strengthen this core segment. Our 25 years of experience in suspension manufacturing at Pro-Comp will help in the integration of the Rubicon business”.

“TransAmerican has made a number of strategic acquisitions to grow the business” Adler explained. “As the economy improves and our business continues to strengthen, it will allow us to look at more strategic opportunities such as Rubicon Express”, he added.

Founded in 1961, TransAmerican Auto Parts is the leading participant in the aftermarket parts and accessories for light trucks, Jeeps, sport utility vehicles, and other four-wheel drive vehicles. The Company sells tires and wheels, suspension systems, drive trains, accessories, and other products to consumers through 55 retail locations in 17 states under the 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers name, to more than 4,000 wholesale customers, including specialty auto parts stores, tire and wheel stores, repair and garage shops, internet retailers and jobbers under the TransAmerican Wholesale name. It also sells to consumers and businesses through mail order and internet operations under the 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers name. In addition, the Company operates a manufacturing business that sells tires and wheels, suspension systems and accessories under the Pro Comp and Smittybilt brand name, both through the Company’s own distribution channels as well as through third parties.

They're probably going to slap RE branding on ProComp crap. :-( It'll be the end of another quality jeep parts company.

They're probably going to slap RE branding on ProComp crap. :-( It'll be the end of another quality jeep parts company.

Exactly what I was thinking. Hoping for better but not expecting too much...

Yeah, it figures! Well, Hitler will be glad to know they opened again! :D

Ill never buy from them again. im kind of depressed now. I would rather they just closed shop.

I wonder how long it will be before they buy RC.

Holy S***!

I would not have guessed they would buy it, but then again maybe thats why my sales rep said he knew to much already and would not say much.

I am still interested to see how they handle the "relaunch" of RE.

Anybody ever learn why they went down? Too much debt? Family feud? I didn't ever hear about them going into court or anything

If all they had to sell was the name and old fabrication equipment that wasn't repo'd, they didn't get much

I can't believe that one of the absolute worst manufacturers in the industry is going to be producing parts under R.E.'s name.

Hopefully the re guys will teach those dumb a$$ pro comp engineers how to design quality parts and through 4 wheel parts make them more accessible to the public.... but probably not, unfortunately.

Back