• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon 7/17-19

hiimmred

NAXJA Forum User
My Bud in his CJ7 and I are heading up late afternoon on Friday, wheel on Sat and camp on the trail. Head out and back home on Sun. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome, we use CB channel 4. We will probably camp around Loon Lake entrance on Friday (getting up there after 9pm most likely).

Ed

Made it back home around 7PM last night, man it was HOT driving to and from the trail stuck in traffic.

This trip we had a little carnage, Harry in his CJ pulled a rod end out of the sleeve at about 11:30 pm heading in to find a place to camp. Saturday morning heading to Little Sluice I bent (severely) my tie-rod, fortunately I had a spare and we were able to continue on. I also shattered the driver side rear glass trying to squeeze by a YJ in the middle of the night. He could have moved out of the way but wouldn't (ass hat) but oh well.

Other than that things went very well, and I must send kudos to JCR Offroad for making some stout sliders, mine got a serious workout and they didn't dent at all.

I'll post pictures tomorrow as my cameraman forgot to bring his camera in today. I do have one group shot to share right now.

From left to right is Harry, his daughter Lindsey, Richard and myself.

P7190472.jpg

Having made it all the way through the Rubicon is a very gratifying experience and I feel a great sense of accomplishment. Especially when you just breeze through places much better built rigs struggle with. I friggin' love my XJ.

Back