• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubi Take Offs

Starboard M

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Does anyone have any experience with running JK Rubi take off wheels and tires? Or more specifically the tires?

Looking at a set thats pretty cheap, but am rather hesitant about running BFG MTs as I have never really heard good things about them.

Ive been reading mixed reviews about these, and figured I should ask people who actually drive the same roads (and hopefully trails) I do. I dont expect these to be great, sticky tires, but since it is CO we get snow and rain.

Im thinking its a quick, easy way to get a 255/75/17 with Moabs. Sipe them, and figure out a better alternative next winter?

I would love to get the Goodyear Duratracs but the pocket book cant quite handle $300 for wheels and $900 for tires at this point.

Thoughts? And yes, I know the JK is a 5x5 bolt pattern.

75348-lg.jpg

The new jk wheels? Aren't those basically the t/a km1s? I heard those were a lot better then the km2s but I have no experience with either of em... One other thing... I never had issues with my gy mt/r kevlars in the snow. Shouldn't be a bad idea... My question is... Why not just buy tires for your current setup?

I run the JK wheels on the WJ, but I've also always liked BFG MTs as an AT tire, particularly when siped. Good ice/snow tire with the sipes, good mild-mid offroad tire when dry. they suck in the mud, but we don't have much around here.

I loved the original BFG M/T (KM1 now). I found them to be great all around tires with good tread life and good performance in all conditions both on and offroad. I personally wish they still made them.

These tires are going on a DD, so I dont think I will be having to worry about tire chunking. I hope.

My question is... Why not just buy tires for your current setup?
Current setup is stock. I love the Moab wheels, and the new ride has 5x5 bolt pattern. So the JK wheels bolt up without adapters and if I can get wheels and tires for under $400..... I think I can handle that.
I run the JK wheels on the WJ, but I've also always liked BFG MTs as an AT tire, particularly when siped. Good ice/snow tire with the sipes, good mild-mid offroad tire when dry. they suck in the mud, but we don't have much around here.
I have only run old MTRs on a truly offroad Jeep, and BFG AT/KOs on a pavement pounder, so I am not all that well versed in many tires.

I loved my MTRs, but for a DD, I dont think they are needed. I will never do mud, so thats the least of my concerns.
I loved the original BFG M/T (KM1 now). I found them to be great all around tires with good tread life and good performance in all conditions both on and offroad. I personally wish they still made them.
Good to hear. I thought I remember hearing people complain about the BFG tires they put on the JK Rubis, but I might be thinking of the E range MTRs they put on the TJs (Which I had on my XJ).

I have not heard back from the seller, so this might be a pointless thread, but Im glad to hear people liked the BFG MTs.

BTW, a build thread will be happening, complete with non XJ vehicle!

Back